Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What are some good bass cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alex Katunich, Feb 11, 2002.

1. I really want another cab. I have a bass 750 head and a goliath lll 410 cab. I was wondering if i got the swr triad (15", 10", tweeter, 400 watts handling) how wsould that work out with my bass 750 now? Wouldn't the amp blow the speakers? Because its a 750 watt amp. and my goliath lll can handle 700 watts. Also, if not the triad, what other good cabs are out there now for less than 1000 bucks? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot. Also, i know this quesation isnt in the right section, but is the Ibanez BTB1000 a good bass? I am looking into it. Are there any other basses out there that are as good or better and just about the same price? Thanks.
    Zack

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey Zack, Interesting you should bring this up. I've been running my Triad I lately with my Bass 750 and it's a great match! You don't need to worry about wattage mis-match unless you start seriously cranking the 750. I talked to SWR recently and they felt that, as long as you're using the limiter and stay below 12 o'clock on the master, you're gonna be cool.

That Triad is a funny cab, however. The 15 sounds great and is full-range. But the 10 and horn, man, another story. With fixed crossover points, I've yet to really figure out the best eq to smooth that sucker out! As you go up the neck you can almost hear the sound thin out as it starts pumping through the 10 and horn.

Incidentally, I used to run a Goliath Sr. with the Bass 750 and that was, hands down, the best combination I found for that amp. Really awesome. Good luck.