Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What are some good tapping songs to attempt?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by yoshi, Aug 28, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hi all. I've recently got to the end of my tapping book and learnta fair bit of the theory (admitidily I've forogtton a bit :/ ) and have also learnt 2 of the 3 songs at the back.

whats a good tapping part to attempt to play? I've already had a look at dream thater metroplis thing aswell as the chorus from stu hamms terminal beach.

Cheers!

2. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Overjoyed by Victor Wooten is tapped, if I'm not mistaken.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Stu Hamm's Kings Of Sleep album is great for sinking your teeth into tapping.
    Stu has a transcription book out with songs from his first 3 solo albums out (Radio Free Albemuth, KoS and The Urge).

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Yeah, Stu Hamm is perfect on the intermediate level...

most of his songs are tapping riffs over rock backgrounds so it`s very appealing

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    "all blues"

6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll look into them now and get back to you with my progress!

7. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You also should check out what Dave LaRue is playing on the Steve Morse (Band) albums and on the latest Dixie Dregs albums (Full Circle, California Screamin').

8. "DMV" by Primus, or "(forgot the name)was a racecar driver" by Primus

9. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Jerry

10. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    The tapping bass line John Myung does to start off his instructional video is just awesome, IMO! Hell, the whole video is awesome, especially that and Solar Groove...:D

If you're a fan of JM you might want to pick up the video, I did, and it's awesome!

PS I can finally play that tapping line! yay!:D

:bassist: