1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are some healthy ways to deal with stress?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vince S., Sep 28, 2008.

1. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    Cardio excercise!

Use your frustrations as fuel. You'll fall asleep faster as a second advantage so stress will have less of an effect on sleeping.

2. bassplayertom77

bassplayertom77

Sep 24, 2008
    yoga, it teaches your body how to react to stress

3. have you tried playing a musical instrument like bass guitar:p

all joking aside, try jogging or some other way to get your heart rate up. get a punching bag.

4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

Amen to this - it also teaches how to remain calm and balanced in stressful situations.

5. optimus-prime-masturbation.

But on a serious note . . .
    Weight training does it for me, you get totally zoned out and focused on one thing, takes your mind off everything :)

6. First of all: I feel so bad for you guys who have to share room with someone in college. Is this common? And, if I may ask, how do you deal with nightly encounters with the opposite sex under such circumstances? (Or the same, if that's your way...)

As for the stress, I can only tell you my story:
    Two months ago I started working out three times a week, early in the morning. Weight training. It's probably the best thing I've done for myself for years. Not only do I feel physically better than ever. But the routine it gives my life is so good for me, and I get much more done.

If you're the guy who don't have any problems getting up in the morning and getting things done, I'm not sure it would make that big a difference. But if you tend to stay up late, get up late and oversleep classes - it could be a magical cure.

7. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I had a therapist years ago recommend Krav Maga... she told me that it's what she did instead of seeing her own therapist. I never had enough money kicking around to give it a proper go.

Martial arts probably falls under that whole exercise category. But yeah. I'm a go with that.

8. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont

When I was in a dorm, it was a hat on the door. I never had it used on me, though (my roommate and I had pretty different schedules, so his girlfriend would be in while I was out) It worked well.

Failing that, it would be a phone call at about 2:30 in the morning, at the door of the dorm

Frank?
    Yeah?
    Dude, I need the room for an hour or two
    Ok, I'll head over to Andrea's place

Unfortunately ( or fortunately, depending on who you're talking to), that happened infrequently enough that it wasn't really a problem. Usually we ended up in her room ;)