Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What are some of the good things about bartolonis

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by liran, May 27, 2001.

1. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hi, ive been hearing a lot about bartoloni pickups, and i was just wonderin why they are so good? What is the uniqueness to their sound?

2. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    AHHHHH! NO ONES REPLYING NO! NO ONE CARES NO ONE CARES. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Bartolinis - clean, warm. See Bartolini post below.

4. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    All of my basses have Barts, and they each sound different. I like the sound of all of them though.

MTD 535 with soap bars
    Lakland 55-94 Deluxe with J / MM configuration
    Jazz bass with single coils

5. NJXT

NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    My 2 actual basses have Barts and I love them.
    Globally : clean and warm.

My BassCollection 5er has 2 Barts' soapbars (don't know the model) and can sound really good from depth/thump to (nearly) growling/Jazz.

My MIM JB has two 9S Barts. I can get more depth, more "growl" and more brightness than with the stock pick-ups.

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Another good thing about Barts is that they offer several different versions of the same pup model.

They'll take the same model pickup and offer it in "deep, brighter, brightest" versions, as well as dual coil, split coil, tri-coil/quad coil, to accomodate various switch options.

And they also make different apertures of a model to accomodate different string widths. Not all of these things are unique to Bartolini, but they give a lot more choices than most.

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Bartolonis a la Bolognese, hmmm :D

8. How are the Bartolini MK1's?

9. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    hmmm...bits me, I don't know what about them bartOlonis....

is any of you familiar with bartOloni pickups?
    :D

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    They just sound more natural to me (yes, I did grow mine in my backyard;))

I have them on several basses and they work great on all of them. Warm. Phat. Buttery. Consult your physician before changing to this diet.

11. rayengle

rayengle

Mar 10, 2001
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I prefer my bartolinis with pesto, cooked al dente, with finely shaved asiago cheese.

Of course, if you're not hungry they make excellent bass pickups.

12. They look neat, with slinky black covers with "Bartolini" written on them.

I have still to play a Bart that I liked. I may well do some day, but the ones I have played up to now have been sterile and untextured.

The best pickups for my purposes I have played are stock Fenders and DiMarzios (and Sadowsky, but I think the ones I have were subcontracted to DiMarzio...I may be wrong).