1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are some of the saddest films you have seen ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 8, 2010.

1. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Bless the Beasts and the Children (no really)...when the kid gets gunned down at the end...

The end of Big Fish...so sad, yet so uplifting at the same time...beautifully done Tim Burton...

Deuce Bigolo: Male Gigolo..because I cry each night that that was ever greenlighted...Rob Schneider should have been smacked with a box of lit TNT for that one. AND the sequel.

2. I saw that quite by accident, not being particularly familiar with the Dolls or Kane. Beautiful film. The end hit me like a sledgehammer, I was just a wreck.:crying:

3. First thing that popped into my head. If ever I hear Barber's Adagio for Strings I well up!

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I recommend that movie!

5. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    Dark Blue World
    Saving Private Ryan

That's it film wise, but when Boxer is taken away in Animal Farm gets me going as well

6. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

This film brought tears to the eyes of every single person I knew at the time:

the-champ.

7. ekb16b

ekb16b

Jun 5, 2008
    Australia
    Green Mile with tom hanks

8. froovs

froovs

Mar 17, 2005
    scotland
    yeah i reckon the story of 2 children starving to death at the end of the war in japan, written by a man whos little sister did die that way would take some beating for a sad film

cheers
    froovs

9. This is probably a man card violation of some sort but the ending of Titanic brings me tears everytime...:bag:

10. Anchorman. I was so sad after about 30 minutes into the movie, when I realised I had just wasted 30 minutes of my life watching such a stupid movie!:spit:

11. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    My favorite combo:
    Sid and Nancy
    The Wall

;)
    Enjoy!
    Dirk

12. Blacke

Blacke

Nov 19, 2008
    Dancer in the Dark....Beautiful film, but it was such an emotionally taxing experience, I literally wanted to kill myself at the end, and vowed never to put myself through that again...absolutely torturous.

13. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Philadelphia.

The soundtrack is amazing as well.

14. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    American Pie: Beta House.

15. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    +1 to Requiem for a Dream. Pair it up with Leaving Las Vegas and you'll be suckin' propane.

16. MAJOR METAL THREADS RETURN!

I'll go with Children Of Men, and the last part of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

17. Sophie's Choice

18. SonofJud

SonofJud

Dec 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Bird (Charlie Parker Biopic)

19. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I'm sure you'll receive a letter stating that your mancard has been suspended and you are on a probation soon.:D

Also,The Wall saddens me so much that I couldn't finish it last time I tried to watch it.

20. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    +1 to "Brian's Song." A TV movie, "Adam," about the murder of little Adam Walsh and how it spurred his father, John Walsh ("America's Most Wanted") to his tireless activism, really got me.