1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are some of the saddest films you have seen ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 8, 2010.

1. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    The movie Radio.

Period.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The last couple of episodes of Band of Brothers were real tearjerkers. Although I'm more often moved by real life stories than movies (I realize BoB is based on a tue story). Empire of the Sun was pretty moving at the end too. Movies and stories about kids who lose parents or are mistreated and about the mentally challenged in difficult situations tend to move me. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was another one.

bc

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Testament. Won't watch it again.

4. Schindler's List is the only film that made me weep a little

oh

and Marley and me

5. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Shindler's list probably all time HOF sad.

also...

Mask

Flowers for Algernon - aka Charly

and in the MC violation category..

Steel Magnolias :bag:

6. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    As a kid the ending of Stand By Me got me really good.

7. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Marley and Me
    Requiem For a Dream
    Schindler's List
    Grave of The Fireflies
    Boy in the Striped Pajamas
    Jacob The Liar
    Awakenings
    All Quiet on the Western Front
    The Ending of One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest
    American History X
    Sophie's Choice
    The Pianist
    Downfall
    Life Is Beautiful
    Bella
    The Deer Hunter
    The 400 Blows

8. chondro776

chondro776

Mar 6, 2008
    I will admit that I am a complete sap. I have been moved close to tears from those stupid red cross commercials where the dog saves the poor guy trapped under ruble.

(You can take my man card when you can take me in a rusty knife fight or have more hair on your chest than I do. Until then, keep it zipped Sally.)

At any rate, try any of these on for size:

What Dreams May Come (would still probably make me cry- when he comes back in the room to his wife- ugh that is love).
    + 1 for Requiem
    Kids
    + 1 to Animal Farm
    Old Yeller is borderline inappropriately sad.

9. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    This one made me cry too. Great film.

10. i knew some guys that i'd consider good candidates for jail,etc,and some of them got a tad misty when the kid dies at the end of "mask"....

11. Silent Running.

12. Bassman316

Bassman316

May 27, 2008
    Longs, SC
    Can't think of a movie that brought me to tears. Maybe got the old knot in the throat over a couple, but can't remember exactly what they are. I have yet to see Marley and Me, but I've heard from every person that's seen it that the final 30-45 minutes of the movie is VERY sad. They actually emphasized how sad it was, so it must be mega.

13. Maki, where are you? You need to revoke a lot of man cards in here.

14. The Joy Luck Club

15. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    My Dog Skip.

16. guitarchaser

guitarchaser

Mar 6, 2010
    Scotland
    Moon Child always gets to me, especially at the end and when listening to two of the songs in the movie. Watched it with a friend and we were both a wreak by the end of it...which may or may not have been made worse by alcohol.

But pretty much any film that has a sad part in it, or I've got attached to the main character and something happens to them, sets me off.

17. For whom the bell tolls.

18. boing

boing

Feb 15, 2004
    WNC, USA
    The English Patient
    Out of Africa

19. i hate username

i hate username

Jan 9, 2006
    Finally someone mentions it. Major +1 to life is beutifull. The ending is one of the most tragic scnes i have ever witnessed. I cant recommend that film enough.

Now time for me to loose some mancards.......I though the beginning of UP was am an absolute little jerker:bag: Was in bits!

20. froovs

froovs

Mar 17, 2005
    scotland

if you think that is upsetting, try the UK made and as realistic as it was possible to be "threads"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090163/

- this intro to it from an original showing will give you an idea of how strong it is, without giving too much away

more harrowing to uk viewers who grew up in the '80s perhaps, but something you will never forget seeing, if you live to a hundred...

cheers
    froovs