1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are some of the saddest films you have seen ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 8, 2010.

1. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    "Threads" was easily the most affecting nuclear holocaust movie I've ever seen. It had a documentary feel, and living in the U.S., I didn't know any of the actors, so there was no "big name" distraction. It was sad, bleak, gritty and didn't pull any punches. The Cold War was raging in the early to mid '80s, and the way the movie depicted the events leading to doomsday, it really made you think it could happen anytime. One of the saddest and scariest movies I've ever seen.

2. +1 to Life is Beautiful and Up.
    Seen Life is beautiful several times, amazing movie. So beautifully cheerful in the beginning, ive unintentionally been calling my girlfriend of over 2 years princess since ive seen it recently.
    And i saw UP during my bus ride from here in northern VA to myrtle beach a lil over a week ago. really cute, sweet movie. Beginning is one of the greatest pieces of film, animated or otherwise, ive seen. really beautiful

3. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    Lilya 4 Ever. it's a Russian flick (ended up watching it on google videos after no rental stores even had it in their catalog, much less in stock). both sad and depressing (spoiler: story of a teenage Russian girl sold into slave prostitution :spoiler)

4. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I'll say:

Brian's Song
    Sophie's Choice
    Shenandoah
    Spartacus

5. I watched that one for school. It was pretty sad, yes.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
  7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Right At Your Door

8. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    What Dreams May Come (One of my favorites)
    Awakenings

When Robin Williams isn't being funny or serious he can also be quite trippy (Final Cut, One Hour Photo).

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Oh and A.I.

10. Giorgetto

Giorgetto Fingers on 4 Flatwounds

Dec 29, 2008
    Near Tinseltown
    Artist Relationship: Wilkins-Ampeg-La Bella
    +1 on "Life is Beautiful".

"Leaving Las Vegas".

11. "boy a" was extremely sad. "mysterious skin" was very unsettling. i would recommend both, but "mysterious skin" in particular is not for the faint of heart.

12. Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    "The Mission" w/ Robert DeNiro and Jeremy Irons.

13. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    This century,for me? "The Boy in The Striped Pajamas" sad as dead puppies. No one in the theater could stand up let alone breathe after the last 5 minutes.
    Ever? "La Strada" by Fellini. It just goes darker and darker,you're not weeping at the end? Then run and hide yourself,you're not human.

14. reddi

reddi

Jan 7, 2010
    Yeah, great documentary, kinda sad.

15. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Spartacus ! When Spartacus had to kill Antoninus, my man card dissolved.

16. chi-town_mike

chi-town_mike

Dec 11, 2010
    Formerly chicago_mike
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz
    No country for old men

17. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    UP.

18. firepowerfox

firepowerfox

Dec 2, 2010
    Hi Total Eclipse, Human Stain and any sad movie with critters!!:crying:

19. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    GHOST.

So much love. So much loss. So much Swayze.

I practically have my period every time it comes on. Pottery! *swooon*

20. Last summer I went up to our local public library and took out a movie called "All Quiet on the Western Front", a 1931 film starring a very young Lew Ayres. It's about a young German soldier's experiences at the front during the First World War. It graphically depicts the folly of war and the nationalism that leads up to it. A very sad movie, yet still relevant today, and for the future as well.