1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are some of the saddest films you have seen ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 8, 2010.

1. One of the saddest movies I've ever seen is called, "My life as a dog".

I love foreign movies...

2. First - Forest Gump and the loss of his wife.

Second - Supersize Me. Not the whole movie, just the part where the obese mom says, "she used to be so pretty" when speaking about her obese teenage daughter standing right there. I went into spasms over the thoughtless insensitivity of a "parent" who probably had a lot to do with her daughter's situation. This made me VERY glad I did not go into pediatric dietetics. It's all too common.

Ironicaly, later that very night the wife and I were eating a local deli/grocer and this obviously annorexic girl walked by with nothing more than a little salad nibbled from her plate and tossed all the rest in the trash. Sorry guys but that breaks me down to a puddle right now to think that there are people suffering over food in a modern world where there are people waiting to help but nobody asking for it or ready for it.

3. slc punk. had the ending NOT been spoiled for me, id have cried like a baby.

x men 3. i was a mess at the end there.

4. OH MY GOD. those episodes are used to measure things on internet forums all across america.

as much as i love futurama, ill turn the tv off when either of those come on.

5. if that movie was as dark (or as good as the book), it would be unwatchable. he made abstract art of it. cute movie. amazing book.

6. and finally, ill say that any movie about a dog is going to end badly. i promise. so just stop watching them. and future writers of america, stop writing them.

the dog dies, we get it.

7. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger.

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    I just watched 2:37 this morning, which was pretty sad. I'm glad that I finally sat down to watch it because it was pretty gripping throughout the entire film. There was some pretty messed up stuff going on with those kids.

Other movies that make me sad include:

Radio Flyer (I have a hard time watching violence; particulary toward animals and kids)
    Mean Creak
    PS I Love You
    Pay It Forward

8. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Just watched this last night, incredible sad: Elephant Man. Apparently not too loosely based on the actual guy.

9. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy

Nov 24, 2010
    Central Alberta
    The Notebook :bag:

When I was on the plane to Europe, my girlfriend was watching Marley & Me...All I did was glance at the screen near the end of the film, and it brough tears to my eyes.

10. dudelove

dudelove

Apr 16, 2010
    Greenland, Nuuk
    KICK-ASS, when Hitgirl try to safe big daddy her own dad who's on fire
    the music is great and for the movie and picture it great music
    I wacht the scene on YouTube so many times

11. Good call.

12. BluesMan1

BluesMan1

Nov 1, 2010
    Here's another one: Immortal Beloved.

13. mid_life_crisis

mid_life_crisis

Jul 8, 2010
    I haven't read through this thread, so if it came up already, I apologize. "Brian's Song". There aren't too many tearjerker football films out there. I'm referring to the original, I never saw the remake.
    Classic line. "Umm, guys, when you dedicate a game ball to someone, you're supposed to win the game."
    Which ended up being prophetic as he lost his own fight.

14. For anyone who has a dog, specifically a lab, there is a japanese movie called Quill that was happy/tragic. Like sonic said the obvious happens, and it is not at all sad (tragedy happens elsewhere in the movie). It's a tale done in a documentary style so it has a real feel to it. And old Quill doesn't check out till the last 45 seconds, but me and the wife cried so much we had to consume electrolytes to stave off dehydration. Our dog was spolied for a week after seeing it.

Not a movie but HBO's The Wire is a sad portrait...also my favourate televison show EVER....

15. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    One I watched as a kid, Run Wild, Run Free, about a 10yo mute lad who spends his time wandering the moors and one day befriends a wild horse, has it's moments.

16. Sundays and Cybele starring Hardy Kr├╝ger and Patricia Gozzi.

Somewhat obscure 1962 B&W French movie, but worth searching and viewing.

Memory of the heroine's last line "I have no name" always makes my heart ache after all these years.