1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are some of the weirdest places you've been on Talkbass?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Title pretty much says it all...what are some weird places you guys have visited TB from?

2. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    My cousins' house... trust me, it's one of the weirdest places in the world.

3. Oh... I thought this was about the strangest places on Talkbass which I have visited. DB side, of course. :bag:

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I regularly check TB from my phone if I'm going to be waiting somewhere for a while. I checked it today from the lounge of a tune-up place while they were checking out my truck. Others include the courthouse, on a boat about 5 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico, in the club before an Oteil & the Peacemakers show, and while walking down Bourbon Street.

5. From a friend's PSP and from school. That's all.

6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    anywhere on campus at Cleveland State University, vacationing in California (San Francisco, Sacramento, Monterrey, Napa Valley), and On the road (any major city in the midwest).

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I illicitly viewed www.talkbass.com several times during my tenure in "The Cult".

8. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yeah, I'm pretty much gonna have to agree with that statement. Playing basslines with something that's about as tall as you are then talking about it? Now THAT'S strange...

Anyway, I guess the strangest place I've done so was in my computer applications class, simply because it wasn't my house. But then, I didn't stay on long in fear for the teacher questioning me.

9. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    In my friends bathroom. I had my laptop with me, and I was in for a "long haul" if you know what I mean, so I popped out the laptop, logged on to his neighbour's wireless connection, and posted a few times, while taking a poop. Now THAT is strange. :)

10. At a starbucks cafe in Ontario, Canada, which upsettingly was full of Macs.

Guess that wouldn't be wierd to most people, but it certainly was to me, someone living in New York!

11. i too ofter (every morning) view TB during my "morning constitutional" :ninja:

12. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    in the trunk of a serial killers chevy nova somewhere in nevada

13. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Guess where I just posted from.

14. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Right now in my mates house on the other side of the world from where I normally look at it!

15. On my cell phone at work... on lunch break, obviously!

16. Hahah, I was just waitin for that one. :D

17. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

From the hightower of this castle :
    sedan1.jpg
    There's a middle age festival there every year and I had an office spot under the pointy roof to prepare merchant stands and stuff.

Also from the restaurant on the 1st floor of the Eiffel tower. :)

18. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hongqiao Airport last April

19. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Thailand and Costa Rica.

20. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean. Yay for satellites :p

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021