1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are some production basses with maple as bodywood?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrandonBass, Dec 28, 2006.

1. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    Is there any? I heard they are pretty bright, so why dont more manufacturers use it as bodywood?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Do you consider Pedulla a production bass?

3. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    I dont know i dont know much about pedulla other than the guy from muse uses em...

i guess anything that isnt custom made can be considered production bass

4. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    i've seen some Spector Euros that were maple. Those are production... right?

5. steve21

steve21 Banned

RICKENBACKER!

:bassist:

And the ESP/LTD TA-600 (Tom Araya signature). Maple wings, maple neck thru, and EMG pickups! Brighter than the sun, and twice as fun to play.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Mr Bunga already mentioned Pedulla.

Ibanez used to use maple quite a bit for body wood, but I don't think that they do any more.

7. Rickenbacker does.

8. They still do on their high end one.

lowsound

9. steve21

steve21 Banned

iamlowsound is correct, the SR100xEFM is a maple/walnut neckthru, and I believe either fully flamed maple wings or maple wings & flame maple top.

I prefer the 100xEWN... mahogany wings and a walnut top. Tasty! Too bad the 6 string version isn't available in America.

10. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Fury basses (made in Canada) use Canadian maple wings with a hard rock maple centre strip in all their bodies. Pretty neat basses with amazing pickups. I had two of them for years but got tired of the short scale. The quality was something else though. The company is pretty small only making about 300 instruments a year. very well thought of up here in Canada but 24 frets in a bass with less than a 32" scale length made for a pretty tight feeling bass. They sure do sound good though!

11. Squier 70s modified jazz bass lol

12. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    Cort

[​IMG]

13. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Fenders Marcus Miller Bass and I believe the new Squire Vintage Modified Jazz Bass Is also maple body at a whopping 250.00

14. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Kubicki.

15. steve21

steve21 Banned

The Marcus Miller is ash, ain't it?

16. Here are some pictures of my Pedulla Pentabuzz and Alembic Elan 5
    DSC_0108-1.
    DSC_0107.
    DSC_0099.

17. Ric. and I believe the gibson ripper was a maple body..I'm not aware of any fender body made of maple,usally ash or alder...a maple bodied jazz would weigh around15 lbs:eek: ...and squire usally uses alder,basswood or agithis.to keep price down. I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong..;)

18. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    From Squier site:
    Vintage Modified Jazz BassĀ®

Is “funkify” a word? It is now, baby, thanks to Squier’s new retro-inspired Vintage Modified Jazz Bass guitar!
    This handsome natural-finish bass features a soft maple body and one-piece maple neck with sharp-looking black binding and block inlays on the 20-fret maple fingerboard. That soulful sound emanates from a pair of single-coil Duncan Designed™ Jazz Bass pickups; other features include chrome hardware and machine heads, a three-ply pickguard and a four-saddle chrome bridge.

19. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    spector legend series.

20. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The Marcus Miller bass is ash.

Older Peavey TL-5 and TL-6 models, as well as their B-Quad line were all maple. I believe solid Maple body wnigs are an option on the Cirrus, but that would not be a "regular production" bass.