1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What are the best tips to learn from a teacher?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Dvorak, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Dvorak

Dvorak Guest

Dec 17, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't take bass lessons, but I play in school and get taught there, and over the holidays I want to get a lesson or two from the local bass guru. I just called today but they were closed, so I left a message. He'll probably ask what I want to learn, so I was wondering what types of db things are better to learn in a lesson with a teacher, rather than in a class or by yourself? I've been playing for a year and a half, but I just bought my very own bass a month ago :D so I'm getting more serious about it.

Thanks in advance

2. Dvorak

Dvorak Guest

Dec 17, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I've never had a real lesson before so I wasn't quite sure what it will be like. Actually my school music teacher is a bassist and it's an all-strings class, as well I'm in the (all-strings) orchestra at school too. I would love to take regular lessons except I don't have enough time at the moment. My theory is fine, I've been doing piano for 7 years and did a few theory exams, so hopefully that will make the lesson(s) easier. Thank you very much, this really helped a lot.