Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What are the best tips to learn from a teacher?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Dvorak, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Dvorak

Dvorak Guest

Dec 17, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't take bass lessons, but I play in school and get taught there, and over the holidays I want to get a lesson or two from the local bass guru. I just called today but they were closed, so I left a message. He'll probably ask what I want to learn, so I was wondering what types of db things are better to learn in a lesson with a teacher, rather than in a class or by yourself? I've been playing for a year and a half, but I just bought my very own bass a month ago :D so I'm getting more serious about it.

Thanks in advance

2. Dvorak

Dvorak Guest

Dec 17, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I've never had a real lesson before so I wasn't quite sure what it will be like. Actually my school music teacher is a bassist and it's an all-strings class, as well I'm in the (all-strings) orchestra at school too. I would love to take regular lessons except I don't have enough time at the moment. My theory is fine, I've been doing piano for 7 years and did a few theory exams, so hopefully that will make the lesson(s) easier. Thank you very much, this really helped a lot.