1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What are the differences between Boss RC-30 and RC-300?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Edinjazz, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Edinjazz

Edinjazz

Jul 26, 2012
    New York, NY
    Endorsing artist: MTD (Michael Tobias Design) electric basses
    Hey guys, I am brand new on this forum and still getting used to it, learning the rules, etc. I have a looper, Boss RC-30. I thought that since its my first ever looper, it'll be a good call, the in-the-middle version (between RC-3 and RC-300). I am wondering if any of you know more about the RC-300 and how much does it enhance the capabilities of RC-30. Will appreciate any insight/feedback/info. Thanks and peace!

2. jpi6866

jpi6866

Dec 25, 2012
    I have had both and the difference is like the difference between a Volkswagen and a Ferrari. The RC-300 has all of the bells and whistles. The RC-300 has three tracks, the RC-30 two, but that only scratches the surface. The both have Rhythm patterns, the RC-300 has a lot, I haven't counted all of them must be over a 100, the RC-30 had nine. The RC-300 effects loops are actually usable, the RC-30 has about 4 or 5 loops none of which I would consider usable. On the RC-300 you can actually play different tracks consecutively without getting the 1/4 second delay that you get on the RC-30. This makes it possible to set up intro, verse, ending or an ABBAC type song structure on RC-300 which you can't do on the RC-30. Recording quality is about the same on both, the RC-300 may be a little better. You pay at least $200 dollars more for the RC-300. I returned my RC-30 and bought a JamMan Stereo, the JamMan is not as powerful as the RC-300 but it is much easier to use and makes a great scratch pad for musical idea's. Unlike the RC-30 the JamMan will actually let you move through phrases without a delay so you can actually accomplish an ABBAC song structure on this looper.