1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what are the differences fender basses that are made in mia mim mik & mij

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by m gruve, Mar 12, 2008.

1. m gruve

m gruve

Feb 3, 2008
    Someone please tell me what the main differences are in American made, Korean made, Mexican made,Fenders this is a subject that seems like every one I talk to has different opinions about so any educated facts would be nice thanks for all your help.

2. Kennethfaria

Kennethfaria Banned

Mar 12, 2008
    MIA's would have better electronics, a good finish, no flaws. Now other "Made-In's" may also have the last two but as you go down the list it'll be rarer.
    Also the wood and its quality, the fret job etc. You get what you pay for. Though sometimes you get more for less.

3. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    the differences ??

THE PRICE TAG

:D

4. Kennethfaria

Kennethfaria Banned

Mar 12, 2008
    Oh yeah i forgot to mention that!

5. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    whether or not they prefer burgers, beans or rice.

6. Not much except electronics, wood (ideally), tuners/bridge, and price.

7. m gruve

m gruve

Feb 3, 2008
    so just spend the extra cash and rep the benefits later. thanks guys, just what i thought, also from your experience used or new? i mean if your gonna be a bear be a grizzly ya know.

8. Kennethfaria

Kennethfaria Banned

Mar 12, 2008
    I've heard the MIA Fenders from the 90's strip the paint off the new ones. But i havent played the old ones.

You can get new, but if you want to save 100+ you can go used.

9. mowder

mowder

Aug 5, 2007
    my mik jazz 24 QMT sounds better than some of the american standard jazzes i played IMO

10. m gruve

m gruve

Feb 3, 2008
    used is the way to go?

11. my mij has a real nice finish. the electronics are fine. the solder joints are perfect,real nice gloss finish on the joints. not only is this a nice bass its tone when recordin is outstandin. no matter where its made ya get some good ones, ya get some bad ones.

12. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    USED

13. the band i play with tues/wed nights supplies a house rig (rad little SWR combo) and a MIM Fender Jazz V.

wasn't a big fan of it at first (kinda heavy, fretboard felt sorta cheap) and i couldn't really dial in a tone that i was happy with... but i was able to eek out a real nice sound in recent weeks.

recently purchased a Geddy Lee and while i am happy with it, i'm slightly embarrassed to say that I still use the MIM V for the bulk of the night... perhaps it's because the MIM is active, i don't know, i just don't get the same tone out of my GL (at least not yet, still tinkering with EQ, et al., so perhaps that'll change).

viva la mexico.

14. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

The difference can be found in the SEARCH function.