What are the options for quiet practice?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Abemas, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Abemas

Dec 15, 2005
    Aside from taking a headphone line out of a combo of some type, what (if any) are the options for quiet bass practice? Do they make headphones which can go direct to the bass and use the bass preamp? I've seen the Dean "Bass in a box" but that looks pretty cheap...anything else out there?
  2. mlove

Jun 12, 2005
    i practice with a line 6 bass podxlt with using the headphone jack. it works good and you have all kinds of options
  3. lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Korg PX4B Pandora

best spent money EVER.
  4. bassisgood

Dec 19, 2005
    I plug into the computer and play though the computer speakers or I plug direct into my 18v active bass with headphones. With no amp or anything you can hear the bass with the power of the batteries.
  5. T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    Lately, I have been using a pair of headphones with a Tascam CD-BT1mkII Portable CD Bass Trainer.

6. K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    I use a Bass Pod too (the bean, not the rack version). I don't love wearing headphones to practice at home, but I live in a small apartment and the Pod works great for me.
  7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have a 9V headphone amp that attaches directly to the bass so I can literally walk around "the stage" while practicing through 'phones. It even has a cheesy built in distortion. Try looking @ GC or MF. I got mine for $50 IIRC.