What are the top 10 reasons girls like bassists?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    tell me ur best reasons...
    i wanna kno

2. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    We have great bottom-end and are good with our fingers?:p
  3. girlfriend says she likes to watch my hands/fingers...
  4. heh, they know how to get under the g-string!
  5. my girlfriend likes my... er fingerstyle if you get what i mean... but seriously.. i'm her third bass player.. and she's my forth barmaid.. guess we all have our types..

i think she'd say it was purely coincidence.. but i guess one of the things that got me playing bass was that bassists were always the coolest people in whatever band they were in... maybe chicks just have a gut instinct about bassists..

but comeon guys.. bass chicks... they rock.. maybe the bass just represents sex in some forbidden receses of the human mind... or maybe its 2:35 am and i'm tired... *drool* basssss chikssss
  6. I know the resonance frequency of the "hood".
  7. We have bigger instruments that go DEEPER.....:D :cool:
  8. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    We have the longest.. uhm.. necks.. and know how to.. eh, play? and like.. grooving? Damn this is hard :D

I would say girls like bassists because 1) our things are larger than geetarists' things, 2) we know how to use em and 3) instead of twiddling with them at home (or on stage :rolleyes: ) alone, we prefer to 'get into groove' with other people :cool: :D
  9. bassplayajew

Mar 14, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    girls like the looooooooow notes...
  10. Lets see, we are good with our fingers and have agile hands, bassists are always the cool guys of the group, i mean really, look at metallica or the who. Who do you look at and say wow, that guy is BAD! Rodger Daltry? No way! You look at the ox or cliff or jason. We're always the guys on stage that are just like "yea, i play bass, i groove, i'm cool". I think one of the biggest things is also when you are at a club or something the thing you dance to is the bass, all those low end notes. Not the drummer (there is some sanity left in the world), sure as hell not the guitarist.

Oh yea, and i guess they all think we have gene simmons tongue, and can therefore actually have sex with our tongues. No condom, no pregnancy, how could they not love it!?
  11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    They like to sit on my cab when I play the open B:D ;) :p

I love my 2-15!

12. coz we have bigger uhm " instruments " than guitarists ;)
  13. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Simple. We're used to performing repetitive motions for long periods without rest, have great timing, and shower more often than drummers.
  14. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    True story:

I was doing a showcase gig a few nights ago, and the singer was joking through the gig that I was from Paris (I had a hideous Paris t-shirt on the night before)....anyway, at the end of the gig while I was chilling out at the bar I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned round and THERE stood this VISION:eek: one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen in my life, she leans in and whispers "are you the bassist?"....I stammered out that yes I was..she leans closer "and your from Paris?"..."Eh? no Its kind of a joke"...."oh" she says AND WALKS AWAY!!!!

So the moral of the stories kiddies is..girls only like bassists if your from Paris;)

(needless to say I'm gigging there again in a few weeks and I am currently frantically trying to learn French)
  15. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    We can go deep and know how to use our fingers.
  16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im a bassist who is going to Paris for the second time this summer. Does that count?

You should have told her to sit on your cab and play a really low note.:D ;)

17. I didn't know girls liked bassists...
  18. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    There's Girls at Ya'lls Gigs!! I must be going to the wrong places!!:D
  19. fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    The moral of the story is you don't have to a bass player from Paris
    The moral of the story is " Just say yes "
  20. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    They both respond to good pickups.

Both like a good spanking! (That was my evil twin!:eek: )

They both attract other females. Try going to the club or mall with your wife or girlfriend!

You never end up with the one you started with!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.