1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are the warmest souding strings in the world?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by noelbmar, Jul 22, 2008.

1. What are the warmest souding strings in the world?

2. moles

moles

Jan 24, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    Guts.

3. For steel: Jargars

4. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    Mine. Sorry, I couldn't resist. There's core material to consider, playing styles to consider, and tons of strings to choose from.

If it could all be nailed own so easily, there wouldn't be but a few choices of strings to pick from. Differing tones (warm, thick, thin) can all be derived from differing strings depending on the player and his/her attack, plucking style, bowing style, etc., etc.

I play either guts (nylon wound on top and silver wound on bottom, indoor climate controlled gigs) or Velvet Garbos (simulated gut, outdoor gigs in the summer heat & humidity). But, I have 2 basses, so I don't end up changing strings for either set of circumstances. I just change basses.

Here's hope that you find your quest.

5. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    ...and, of course, the bass! There can be huge interactions between instruments and strings. That's just one reason it'll never be "one size fits all."

6. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    That's a given, since they made more than one bass as well. I think they're still making them! The powers that be figured if they didn't make more than one bass, we'd all be fighting for it, or there'd be fewer of us trying to play to begin with.

Sorry DRUB, I couldn't resist. ;)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021