What are these??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by progplayer, Feb 4, 2002.

1. progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
  2. Hmmm. Well...

Gotta be honest, I don't like the looks of either. Perhaps it's just the way they're photographed but the bodies look kind of flat and blocky without any soft corners. They seem to have a sort of home made look about them. Like I say, perhaps it's just the way they're photographed.

I wouldn't buy either.

3. progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    thanks, u just confirmed my thoughts.

elrick...oh boy...
  4. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    I'd buy the 5er with the Modulus neck and padauk body, since a) that's cheap for anything modulus and b) I personally like padauk. Then I'd round the body edges and refinish with tung oil.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

They are what they appear to be, the first one is a one off with a Modulus neck, and the second is an Aria Custom Shop bass. Both are good deals at the price that they are going for. The neck and EMGs on the first one are worth the price, and Aria's Custom Shop stuff is top notch.
  6. I like the Aria, but I would like it better if it it had some beveled edges, it looks blocky, like Rockin John said.
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    if I had $650 to spare... I'd be all over the 5 string. Sounds like a helluva deal
  8. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I would never buy a bass I don't have the opportunity to play first.
  9. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I really like the looks of that Aria.
  10. DeepBlueBass

Apr 28, 2000
    Dallas TX

I would never buy a bass I don't have the opportunity to play first.

I totaly agree, If I can't play it first or never have played it the no deal, I like to know what I'm getting into: Of course I'm not into customizing my own stuff yet...All I do is paint them up...no wood work.