Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What are those on this Conklin?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
  2. This bass was formerly owned by a TBer. It's a hollowbody bass, and the holes on the back are soundholes--that's where Conklin seems to put them on their hollowbodys.

Mike

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    That used to be Mark Beem's aka Progzilla :D!

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Um that's Mark not Mike.. ;)

The holes serve no purpose other than decoration and as far as I know that one was the only one done this way...

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Mark, just like i said :ninja:

6. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Sound Holes??? can you explain what these do as far as sound goes, please excuse me if this seems like a silly question, but I would really like to know if possible :cool:

Thanks.

7. See the earlier post--Mark's experience with that particular bass is that they don't really have any effect.

On basses that are designed to be more "acoustic" instruments, they might make more of a difference--try playing an acoustic guitar, then covering up the soundhole and playing it again.

Mike

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Oooo......that is ugly. Makes it look like it has cancer or something! Ugh! The front side is beautiful though!