1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are you doing at work today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Feb 28, 2008.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'm currently sorting through several years' worth of a client's bank statements and cancelled checks. We have to put the checks in numerical order before they can be scanned and put on a disk for the IRS. Lucky me!

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Writing SQL for analysis for Marketing Campaigns!

3. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I'm setting up two new laptops for company use, deleting stock crappy programs, adding our own, that kind of thing. Whenever I'm done with that I have to install a new fax line in an office upstairs, check on one of the big plotters while I'm there, then go down to the shacks outside and check on a printer issue, a CDROM issue, and a network issue (all probably imagined by the people making the complaints... Just speaking from experience. :D)

4. Nothing at all, not working today.

lowsound

5. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Talkbass.

DUH!

No, getting ready to lay out a big hopper's plates to get plasma-cut. Sizing the door for it first.

6. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    Mostly playing sudoku... mostly.

7. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I'm supposed to be writing stuff for a new advertising campaign. I'm "researching" on the internet. Yeah, that's what I'm doing! ;)

8. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    looking for a new job, and looking into trade school.

9. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Developing a B2B pricing system for an online store. Doesn't get much more exciting than that.

10. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I'm making sandwiches. Yesterday I made sandwiches, Tomorrow; making sandwiches.

Anybody have any idea what I do for a living?

11. I went to Home Depot to get some wood putty....I'm going to make lunch for my boy soon.......possibly vacuum ......and go take the truck through the car wash, and most likely empty the dishwasher.

I'm a stay at home dad.:D

12. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    You're a cardiovascular surgeon?

13. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Blowing through a bunch of jazz tunes, and checking out women. Again. Crap.

14. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    So far I have spent 3 hours loooking through old transmission line plansheets so I can match the begining station of a new plansheet to the old ones. No luck.

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I'm learning about SQL.

As for what I am doing today....creating some FTP sites, checking security and folder access on the existing FTP sites, writing some technical documents for new users of our proprietary apps, auditing clients access to data and our network. Good times indeed.

-Mike

16. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'm going to guess it has something to do w/ the Solid Rocket Boosters on the Space Shuttle launch vehicles?

17. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Moving a lot of data around. Like half a terabyte. No kidding. The Legal dept. is so demanding sometimes... ;)

18. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Teaching my students how to write a persuasive essay.

19. Writing my dissertation.

8,500 of ~10,000 words done :D

20. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    this is my weekend... I'm doing housework, surfing the web, listening to tunes, etc.

I work graveyard shift Fri - Mon (10 hours each)... I go in again tomorrow night.