What are you doing while in isolation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Paulabass, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Black_In_Mind

Black_In_Mind

Dec 26, 2018
    I've got most of this week off (a well deserved mini vacation before heading back to work) which so far has been used to set up my little corner so I no longer have to keep pulling amps, cabs, and pedals out to use them. All I have left is to set up a convenient way to record whenever something pops in my head and I want to take it somewhere.

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    We are lucky as a family of three in an old (ca. 1891) 3 story Bricktorian. Workout and family rooms on the 3rd floor keep us active, and we all have places to go to get away from the others when needed. Working from home teaching university classes and students online, so basically trying to keep a regular schedule. Work out in the morning, then work from 10-5, then practice for an hour and hang with my wife and a glass of pino noir after that. So far, so good!

3. Chad Michael

Chad Michael Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2001
    Pacific Northwest USA
    Oh my - what do we have here, a machine that makes ear candy?? [c:

blowinblue and Chris Fitzgerald like this.
  4. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Doing yoga 5 days a week with YouTube instructors. I love it.

MJ5150 and Chris Fitzgerald like this.
  5. Spent the morning today reorganizing my fishing tackle. Two hour to get all 15 trays of baits, hooks, jigs, snap swivells, you name, I organized it!
    Looking forward to some warm weather so I can get out on Lake Simcoe (ice needs to melt!) for some perch.
    They are typically VERY cooperative right after ice out and they make some of the best fish dinners on the planet.
    Until then, it's back out to the garage to get thing organized.... that'll take a day or two.
    Fishheadjoe

S-Bigbottom and MJ5150 like this.
  6. blowinblue

blowinblue Kind of not blue. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    Yes. Actually, several machines. That work together. To make one big glorious heap of ear candy. :)

M. M.

Chad Michael likes this.
  7. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Maybe, you can reconfigure some of those wall to alter your travel plans?

8. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I get down around eleven
    Get outta bed around nine
    And I don't worry about nothin' no
    'Cause worry's a waste of my, time

I used to do a little, but a little was too much
    So the little got less and less
    I just keep tryin' ta get a little better
    Said a little better than previous

same ol' same ol' for yours truly

I did go outdoors to read a little today, the weather was just about right, a little chilly, but not too cold or windy.

Low84, MJ5150 and StereoPlayer like this.
  9. Jeff Scott

Apr 11, 2006
    Maybe, you can reconfigure some of those walls to alter your travel plans?

10. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Working

MJ5150 and Chris Fitzgerald like this.
  11. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA

Or not. I'm very unimpressed with our local humane society for multiple reasons, and now I have a few more. I won't barf on this thread with the details of today, but they completely misrepresented the dog in such a way that it endangered my health. I was very clear that I've had recent neck surgery and needed a dog no more than 50lb who had at least decent leash manners. Abby was 80+lb of elderly bulldog mix who had either no clue how to walk on a leash or no desire to do it with a human attached. Very dangerous, and I took her back after one trip around the block. They were most displeased but I do not care.

Without the neck issue, I'd have probably been willing to get the right kind of collar and at least see if I could persuade her not to be quite so hazardous, but that's hardly an option for me right now. Nope.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  12. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    . You would be surprised how often pure bred bullies (and all pure breed) are up for adoption. The thing to ask about is any special medical needs. My last three bulldogs were all rescues. Trust me. They are wonderful companions who just don't understand why at 45-70 pounds, they can't be lap dogs. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

MJ5150 likes this.
  13. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA

See the post just above yours for the update.

14. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Sorry to hear. So is Rocky. IMG_20181223_141527.jpg

S-Bigbottom, blastoff99 and MJ5150 like this.
  15. blowinblue

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    I've found a new way to occupy my time (besides listening to my home stereo system). That would be taking improved photos of said system. With my new iPhone 11. My first fling with an iPhone. My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy S4. Similar to my music gear and home audio gear, I don't turn stuff over much. Further proof of that, I've only been married twice. :)

chair view 3.jpg

M. M.

16. Jeff Scott

Apr 11, 2006
    I've been watching old Carol Burnett shows>

blowinblue likes this.
  17. More of that chair, please.

blowinblue and blastoff99 like this.
  18. blowinblue

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    Let's begin with a glimpse of the all important refreshments on the arm of the chair.

chair view 1.jpg

Next, a full photo of the 'official sweet spot listening chair'.

stereo chair 2.jpg

Lastly, a photo of the chair when I'm in 'full-on serious' listening mode. Vibrations are your enemy. :laugh:

stereo chair cones.jpg

M. M.

19. :drool:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

With isolation spikes. :woot:

Jeff Scott likes this.
  20. blowinblue

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    During times like this current crisis, humor is our friend. Most other times, too. Isolation spikes. Whether intentional or accidental, that was funny!

M. M.

S-Bigbottom and Jeff Scott like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021