1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are you gassing for these days?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LoTone, Feb 18, 2020.

1. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  2. bass4more

bass4more Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    Serek Midwestern 2 32” scale

J-Mags, detoxxx, J_Bass and 2 others like this.
  3. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    My recent gas was partially relieved when I bought a Squier Classic Vibe '60s Mustang Bass in Surf Green at GC for $299 a couple of weeks ago.

I think adding the Oly white/tort version will relieve it completely...for now.

PennyroyalWe likes this.
  4. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    I don’t generally gas, because I love the three basses that I own.

However, if I had an extra 7k + laying around, I would buy a passive Stenback jazz bass.

or my second choice a custom Maruszczyk Frog for around $2,500.

5. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I don't do GAS anymore, but I suppose it would be nice to have a set of backup strings.

6. dramatwist

dramatwist

Sep 27, 2019
    I love looking at new gear, but the GAS impulse has subsided. Happy with what I have.

7. lucas303

lucas303

Mar 11, 2019
    Colorado
    I pre-ordered an Ibanez EHB1505MS so I'm just looking forward to it shipping. With that I'll be good for the foreseeable future.

8. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    I'd like a new toaster.

9. msb

msb

Jul 3, 2002
    Halifax,N,S. Canada
    Already picked up three this year , I'm hoping it's over .

Green Knight and MYLOWFREQ like this.
  10. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Machine gun.:woot:

11. MG Wolf

MG Wolf

Nov 29, 2014
    Due East
    Huge Sell-Off Pending :D

Or I might grab an El Tookay :bassist:

12. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Sushi..........I'm always gassing for sushi! :)

xw6qbsycdh7pedhufjwi.jpg

BergerHead, rmayer, etaym and 22 others like this.
  13. ejaggers

ejaggers

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    I'd love to have an old Japanese bass from the '60s, the weirder the better.
    Something from the Matsumoku factory.
    Maybe with devil horns like this:
    PAN.jpg

14. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    I'm always GASsing.
    One of those Squier Vintage Vibe Mustangs.Also one of those dirt cheap Burning Fire/Glarry/Exquisite whatever they are jazz bass knockoffs. I got the "Burlywood" P bass for $55.40 with shipping.Be nice to have a matching J.
    Yeah,I know I can't explain it either!

JRA, EatS1stBassist and DJ Bebop like this.
  15. To the extent that I'm gassing for anything, I'm looking forward to trying the new Sire U5 when it drops in April.

In a world where I've paid off a mortgage and 2 bachelors degrees, I would love the G&L Fallout Launch edition in green.

mikewalker likes this.
  16. Bruiser Stone

Bruiser Stone Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Tennessee
    Gigs

17. Nebula24

Nebula24

Nov 23, 2017
    Norman, OK
    Sterling stingray shorty. Not into full scales but like the sub4 the most out of them. So interested in it. Also hoping it shows up locally since other sterlings do.

Novak gt gold foil bass pickup. Supposed to be surface/pickguard for those like me not able to route cavities. Have a victory gold foil in middle position on an epi eb0. Hoping one specifically for bass has wider string spacing so I can scooch it back towards bridge a bit. Maybe put victory on my jetsons jr at neck?

Squier jaguar (32 med scale). Only other med scale I've seen was ibby mezzo.

Still waiting for squier mustangs to show up locally too.

Doubt I will buy a new bass but like playing ones I havent seen before. Do plan on the novak pickup once its available.

18. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    Just trying to get a good preamp that I'll like. Last year was my bass getting rampage, glad I'm past that. Nothing so expensive this year. Hopefully after this I'll be settled for a while.

19. allanmac00

allanmac00 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Guild Starfire reissue. I play a lot of acoustic gigs and think it would really round out my sound in some of these smaller rooms.

20. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I had been GASsing a little for a Mustang, but the frontman in my blues/jazz band has an American Performer Mustang, which I've used a few times onstage, and while I really love certain aspects of it, I prefer the sounds I get from my P and PJ's with Geezers every time. So maybe a PJ Mustang or similar might be in the cards one day, but honestly, I think my 09 Longhorn does just as well at that shortie Fender vibe as the Mustang as long as I set it correctly for that type of sound. And since I've lightened up two of my PJ's to the 7 1/4 lb mark and my Longhorn weighs 6 lbs, I'm not as inspired to get something else as I once might have been.