Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What are you SUPPOSED to be doing now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Jul 9, 2004.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    We all know you're goofing off at work right now, except those of us too young to work... Tyler ;)

I'm temping this week at a building maintainence company in the office. I'm filing, sorting, stamping, faxing, general correspondance and of course talkbass! :)

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Painting the baseboards.

brad cook

3. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    I'm a network administrator so I am doing server maintenance remotely and watching my machines run. I'm kinda like a fireman, I'm on standby doing maintenance work until something breaks and then everything goes crazy. :D

4. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    sitting on a teleconference right now. trying to stay awake.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Ha - I've done that before - so, sitting in on a telephone conference and posting at TalkBass at the same time! ;)

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    General Library work, shelving children's books from another library, checking in periodicals, general shelving, etc.

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

Hospital waiting for my pager to go off.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I try, I swear I do.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow..I just realized my "Space for rent" sig is the same as Odie. Don't wanna be a copycat.

brad cook

10. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    I was just thinking about posting a thread to find out how many of us are at work and Tb at the same time. I am.

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Unfortunately my previous job and my forthcoming job will not allow me to be here. Retail sucks. LOL.

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Getting ready to head to class for the first test in my Sociology class.

13. I'm trying to make it as a musician, so rather than working I'm trying to figure out how to make rent.

14. I should be sleeping right now, but instead I'm having my morning cup of coffee and bagel-egg sandwich and surfin TB.

15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I don't even know anymore. :meh:

16. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Laying out a circuit board. Reading this on my breaks.

17. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I am supposed to be reviewing my June financial statement. But instead I'm goofing off here.

18. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I should be coordinating the loading of empty shipping containers of various types for various ports to several vessels working at our facility in the next few days, updating a few interchange agreements between trucking companies and steamship companies so that that the appropriate trucker can pick up import cargo for the appropriate steamship line, coordinating the rail billing and then delivery of 10 empty 40' high cube dry containers for one particular customer, checking on yard availability for some sale units that I have a customer looking repo offdock, and I have an inspector on sight who wants to look at the same units, checking on various other special handling requests for several customers, checking on what to do with some units I've been noticing coming into inventory over the last two days that are obviously cross leased between to of my customers, checking every email that pops in - printing a hard copy and taking care of it immediately if need be, or placing it in my 'to do' pile if it is something that can wait, answering the phone when it rings and trouble shooting problems at the receiving gate as well as taking requests from customers, hopefully soon trying to get to my pile of lower priority email requests which is probably an inch and a half tall if it were in a neat stack, making a fresh pot of coffee and trying to get to this cigarette that I want to step out and smoke that has been on top of my desk next to the lighter for the last 2 hours.

19. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    On this side of the globe, work time is already over :p

I have nothing to do - at least nothing that I have to do, as i now have the summer break. But in Sept., the university continues

20. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Supposed to be preparing Inventory reports for my banker, but come on...it's friday :cool: