What are your favorite Friday Night Activities?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 13, 2006.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

What are your Favorite Friday Night Activites? , i like to go out and socialize with other people or jam with Friends.
  2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
  3. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Yup, gigging. Failing that, recording something or someone, or running sound for a gig.
  4. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    jamming, a few drinks and hopefulley some ladies.
  5. On Fridays I'm not gigging, I make it a habit to rent a few family-friendly flicks, then a Mum & Dad only selection, grab 50 bucks worth of Chinese food, some libations, and veg out after yet another long week. Watch the kids go nuts, trash the livingroom, make a ruckus, not give a damn, watch the Missus fall asleep, kids finally give out (never do watch the Mum and Pop flick) and then go into my studio and make some noise until it's way past late. A little slice of heaven, if you ask me.
  6. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Mon....VERY similar to most of my Fridays. If I'm not gigging, we usually get carry out and veg at home with a movie. Kids pass out, wife passes out, I go goof on the computer or quietly play bass.

Occasionally, if a friend is gigging in the area, and the wife is in one of her "I'm tired" moods, and I know she'll be asleep by 9, I'll go catch the other show.
  7. Dinner out with my wife
    Pick up the grandkids from the babysitter
    Dinner for the kids
    Baths for the kids
    Reading to the kids
    Then off to sleep.

Gigs are good, although better on Saturday night at my age, but they take second place to the time with the wife and grandkids in my order of preference.
  8. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    1. Getting home and blaring my iPod through the surround sound.
    2. Band Practice/Dinkin Around
    3. Hang with my Girlfriend

It works for me!
  9. Party, watch movies listen to music.

Thats about it.
  10. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Giggin', Jammin' or watching Sci-Fi Friday. lol...
  11. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Curling up with my basses and my headphones. Watchin a movie with the wife, If a good band's in town we try and catch a few show's every now & then.
  12. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hamster wrestling. I lather up with a nice poppyseed rub, and go at it. It makes me feel alive! :bag:
  13. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Drinking in order to forget....
  14. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    .....the week.

Usually I work Friday mornings, so when I get home around 3 it's a Harp or a Blue Moon about every hour or so.

It's a wonderful life. :rollno:

15. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Going on Talkbass and answering all the survey threads.
  16. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Yup - there's nothing like those quiet times when everyone is asleep, the house is totally quiet, and I'm awake late at night with energy. I love it. Play some bass, have a beer, watch some basketball, watch some Law & Order, do all 4 at the same time...
  17. Mine normally consist of coming home exhausted from school (or jazz band), getting on the computer, eating, getting on the computer, getting off the computer at around 12-1 AM, and playing bass until 2AM or so. Then I go to sleep. Oh yeah, I also start day-dreaming about stuff that I really cant do (like building a bass or guitar). Pretty typical for a teenager I think.

But that is just a normal night.

I would love to go play a gig, or even just jam with some friends. Unfortunately, we only have gigs once every two months or so (we are a local rock band, and its hard to find gigs when you are a band of teenagers), and I live in the country and cant drive, so jamming is out. Maybe things will change when our band records (we are on jan 21st!!).
  18. I usually go out for tea with my parents, and then watch some movies until the early morning :)