1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are your favorite King's X songs?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by StanFan, Sep 18, 2008.

1. With all other such favorite song threads (Tool, Mars Volta) that have been started lately, I thought I'd get one in myself. So what are some of your favorite King's X songs??

Off the top of my head, my favorites include (Thinking and Wondering) What I'm Gonna, Prisoner, Complain, and We Were Born To Be Loved (my main introduction to the band was seeing them open for Dream Theater and Satriani and this is the song that stuck out the most).

2. Antrocco

Antrocco

Aug 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    My favorite songs are Goldilox,Shot of Love and Over my Head.Great bass sound too!

3. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    dogman

4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Love 'em all. Goldilox, Dogman, Over my head, etc. Im especially liking the moody tunes Ty has sung over the years more and more. There are a couple on the new record that are just awesome.

Rob

5. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    The obvious "Over My Head", "Summerland" and "Goldilox". But also "Complain", "Fool You", "Everywhere I Go", "Sometimes", "The World Around Me", and "Alright" from their latest album VX.

6. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    From a lyrical and melodic perspective, I'd say "Cigarettes".

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    "Move" <- my number one favorite
    "We Were Born To Be Loved"
    "Mississippi Moon"
    "Looking For Love"
    "Picture"
    "Mr. Wilson"
    "Flies and Blue Skies" <- the guitar intro is one of my favorite guitar figures ever.

Favorite album as a whole listen beginning to ene: Ear Candy (XV right behind it, maybe tied)

They are touring with Extreme right now, not a show to be missed!!!!!

8. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Cigarettes and Flies and Blue Skies are both AMAZING songs. (I LOVE king's x vocal harmonies)

9. 1. Summerland
    2. A Box
    3. Thinking and Wondering
    4. Don't Care
    5. Cigarettes
    6. Cupid
    7. Legal Kill
    8. Ocean

10. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Old stuff:
    Everywhere I Go from Faith, Hope, Love

New stuff:
    Sooner or Later from Ogre Tones

GREAT, HORRIBLY UNDERAPPRECIATED BAND!!!

11. Big John66

Big John66

Feb 12, 2008
    Off the top of my head and in no particular order: Goldilox ( of course)-(Thinking And Wondering) What I'm Gonna Do-I Pretend-Happy-Over My Head-A Box-Picture- and most of the others.

12. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS / KIRLIN CABLE
    This band is so underrated. I have seen them many times and they put on such a great (LOUD) show!

Anything off of Dogman. This is such a fantastic CD.

You know what, I would have to say the first 5 albums are just outstanding. A must if you like Drop D tuning and/or 12 string bass.

This band delivers! :bassist:

13. karter2000

karter2000 Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Kinda hard picking favorites, as I love so many. I guess if I had to chose three off the top of my head:

1. Bebop
    2. Groove Machine
    3. Fall on me

I seen them live a couple of years back, and they were beyond awesome...:hyper::bassist: Highly underrated as others have said.

Lyle

14. throwdown

throwdown

Dec 26, 2002
    Germany
    Dogman and Groove Machine

15. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Shot Of Love, Goldilox, Black Flag, World Around Me, The Burning Down, and anything off of "Ear Candy"

16. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    "It' Love"...great arrangement and harmony on the vocals