Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What are your favorite settings on your MTD's?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rayzak, Feb 19, 2003.

1. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    As some of you know, i've recently gotten a 535. I'm in love with it. So many different sounds can be had from this bass. Anyways, I can't seem to settle on a 'favorite' setting, I always seem to fidget with the with the settings. So, let me hear what your favorite settings are.:bassist:

2. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    I think I need a setup, I have a hard time finding a nice sound besides the default: Pan in the middle, bass boosted, everything else flat. I have a mahogany bodied MTD 535 w/ maple neck and ebony fingerboard.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with fiddling. It's almost impossible to get bad tone from a 535!

I did a lot of deliberate tweaking on my NYE gig. For old school stuff I used neck pup with low mids. For funk slapping I centered the pan, boosted bass and treble, and cut 1kHz. I also used a bunch of other settings, depending.

4. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    I just keep twisting knobs and trying NEW settings all the time........even during songs. I'll add a bit of mids just as I'm coming into a part that requires a bit more punch...........add some highs for a chorus and then back them off; etc. Subtle.........but effective.

RB