What are your favorite settings on your MTD's?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rayzak, Feb 19, 2003.

1. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    As some of you know, i've recently gotten a 535. I'm in love with it. So many different sounds can be had from this bass. Anyways, I can't seem to settle on a 'favorite' setting, I always seem to fidget with the with the settings. So, let me hear what your favorite settings are.:bassist:
  2. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    I think I need a setup, I have a hard time finding a nice sound besides the default: Pan in the middle, bass boosted, everything else flat. I have a mahogany bodied MTD 535 w/ maple neck and ebony fingerboard.
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with fiddling. It's almost impossible to get bad tone from a 535!

I did a lot of deliberate tweaking on my NYE gig. For old school stuff I used neck pup with low mids. For funk slapping I centered the pan, boosted bass and treble, and cut 1kHz. I also used a bunch of other settings, depending.
  4. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    I just keep twisting knobs and trying NEW settings all the time........even during songs. I'll add a bit of mids just as I'm coming into a part that requires a bit more punch...........add some highs for a chorus and then back them off; etc. Subtle.........but effective.