Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what are your favorite tracks of St. Anger

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jun 25, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

My personal favs are Frantic and unnamed feeling. I really like them all in a diffrent way but i would say these be the first that i would like to learn myself and when my five string comes i will.

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I haven't heard anything off the CD.. But from all the other feedback I'm hearing and reading it sounds like it's a real stinker...

MM.. setting aside the fact that it's Metallica, what is your honest and unbiased opinion?

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I've only heard frantic and st. anger, which were sent to to me via AIM. I'm not too excited about them at all really, so I don't think they are worth downloading. Even if they were by another band, I probably wouldn't care for them.

4. MAJOR METAL

progzillia

calling it on face value and not the band i would say it is very raw fast aggressive, lo fye sound, a littel more repitition then usual in lyrics but i find it to be a very real record.

5. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hmmmm.. Well my brother has it so I think I'll borrow it and have a listen for myself..

Thanks. :)

6. MAJOR METAL

Progzillia Hows the hollow body 7. On St. Anger at times some of the songs are lacking bass that is when i write in my own parts, i am sure that would be really fun with your new bass.

7. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I'm luvin' it more all the time!! Probably be the only way I'll go from now on.. It's an absolute joy to play!!

8. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    St Anger and Frantic. Sweet amber has to be a classic aswell....

9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    not only do I not know the answer
    I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE QUESTION IS!

10. Caeros

Caeros

Jul 24, 2002
    Branford, CT
    Sweet Amber, The Unnamed Feeling and All Within My Hands are my faves.

11. MAJOR METAL

Sweet Amber is a real strong song

12. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I haven't listened a lot to it, but right now I like Frantic, Shoot Me Again and Sweet Amber.

13. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Couldn't tell you. I only listened to it once. Won't listen to it ever again.

Master of Puppets, on the other hand. . .:bassist:

14. Best track on St. Anger?

:shoots self in head:

15. Dcd004

Dcd004

Dec 14, 2002
    Huber Heights ohio
    I love old metallica but saint anger is to me at least a whole new band cmon guys stick to your roots u might as well change the name if u change the sound totaly

16. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    [cmon guys stick to your roots [/B][/QUOTE]

Where would Jazz be if Miles Davis "Stuck to his roots"?

17. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Why is it that every thread started about metallica of feildy go off topic extremley fast. The threads called whats your favourite track on St Anger, not what should metallica do to become good.

:rolleyes: :mad:

Im addicted to The unnamed feeling at the moment

18. MAJOR METAL

I hear you on that, what a cool tune i bet Jason would have been great on backing vocals on that one. i agree with you on the other comment about the tracks.

19. Jeff2287

Jeff2287

May 4, 2002
    In regard to the sound, it's an unusually uneven mix. Crystal clear vocals, real loud drums, VERY quiet bass and guitars, and a snare drum that sounds like a pot! I'll admit that I've heard plenty of better Metallica, but I must say that I do like some of what I've heard of the new album regardless of all the repeated phrases and tinny sounding mixing.

20. I like the whole CD, but my favorites are Dirty Window, Sweet Amber, and All Within My Hands.

I like the DVD even better than the CD. These songs are meant to be played live and hearing Rob on the bass is cool. The DVD versions of the above songs are great. Some Kind Of Monster is another great one on the DVD.