1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What are your favourite YouTube Subscriptions?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Mar 11, 2013.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
  2. BenBL

BenBL

Jun 25, 2012
    nicepeter, devinsupertramp, that's all I can think of right now, I'll be back with more though

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    ratedrr has good stuff from time to time. He likes the same toys I do, guns and parachutes.

4. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

Jun 5, 2011
    xboxahoy is easily the best Call of Duty channel out there. Mostly weapon and perk guides, but some playthroughs on his "secret channel," ahoyxbox (sneaky).

David Ellefson's channel has good stuff, particularly the old "Rock Shop" series.

TJH3113 has the best Rush bass covers out there, bar none (except maybe that guy who covered Xanadu with a Minimoog Voyager, Taurus 3, and a RIC 4080/12). And he covers other things too.

dhalif (Dhalif Ali) does pretty cool guitar improvisations and covers.

Grzegorz Kosinski is a terrific solo bassist. Often does classical arrangements with tapping, mostly on Conklin 7-strings.

stanleyrr does random vlogs about movies and such. He often has funny hats to go with his stuff.

5. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2011
    ERB and ERB2 are hilarious!

Pewdiepie is also really funny, even though I don't play video games, he is just a funny guy.

I also like frettedamericana, Phil X's playing and all the vintage guitars are just suh-weet.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    YouTube subscriptions? Interesting. I didn't know those existed.

-Mike

7. AnchorHoy

AnchorHoy

Dec 29, 2008
    New Jersey
    Turn Wright Machine Works

An old-school job shop run by a machinist/welder who knows his business, with every machine and process in the shop save one (the Plasma cutter) totally manual: the lathes, milling machines, drill press, all of it. Best of all, he's willing to teach the how and why without holding anything back

smbstressfest

One of the best instrument setup/repair channels I've found so far

FWIW I'm not a big fan of davey4557 at all. To me, he comes off as an overly opinionated drunk who's OK with setups but I wouldn't let him within a mile of anything that needed serious structural repair. Compare the way he did the '64 Martin neck reset with somebody like Brian Galloup or the general level of his workmanship on fretwork with somebody like Freddy's Frets

Check 'em all out and judge for yourself. Just my 2¢ worth....

8. plong123

plong123 All Your Bass Are Belong To Us

Nov 19, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
  9. I only subscribe to HuskyStarcraft. I don't play Starcraft II, but I really got into watching his videos (I don't even remember how I saw the first one but I got hooked somehow...). He watches replays and casts on them (yeah, like a sportscaster). It's actually really entertaining. :bag:

10. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Interesting. I'll have to check out those other repair guys and see what they do different. I like him because he is unique but yet very Canadian... aside from the bad manners. :cool: