Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What are your Markbass little mark II settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fretless Bob, Mar 12, 2006.

1. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    of the guys and gals out there that own a markbass little mark II, what are your setting?

i am using it with a Markbass traveler 151p cab if that helps

Cheers

Dave

2. macmrkt

macmrkt Banned

Dec 4, 2002
    Flat. I usually put that same cabinet on a short stand - seems better in most rooms.

3. I set the preamp section flat witha slight boost or cut to the lows depending on the room. I set the the first filter at about 7 o'clockto to get a slight vintage vibe to the tone.

Hope this helps

Peace

4. With either the 151p or Aguilar GS112, I usually set the Markbass LM II eq with bass boosted to about 1 O clock, low mid boosted to about 2 O clock, hi mid and high flat, VLE about 9 O clock and VPF about 7 O clock. To my ears this gives me just the tone I enjoy...ie Warm with lots of punch for fingerstyle and still enough sparkle for slapping a note cleanly and getting a nice snappy pop, I never use a pick...
    Basses are Stingray 4 & 5, Status S2 Classic , 90's P Bass, 69 Jazz. HOwever when using my NS EUB I tend to leave the eq completely flat and adjust the eq on the bass instead, for any upright or EUB players reading this thread the Markbass LM II into the Markbass 151p 1x15 cab is heavenly for warm punchy upright thump....MMMMmmmmm

5. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Im looking to get a LMII very soon (if all goes to plan). can you get a bright tone from it.
    I have a ABM300 head at the moment but i want something a bit brighter.
    also can anyone tell me how different the LMII is to the SA450?
    Thanks

6. The 450 has a slightly different pre amp section It offers you a para mid sweep control Which can give you a little more flexibility to your tone

Otherwise it has the same power section.

I definitrly think you can get a brite sound with this amp and shape the tone to your satifaction

7. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Instrument Technician, Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    You can get a bright, dark, nasal, smooth, quacky, punchy, sloppy, barky, sleezy, growly, glassy, muddy, or sizzly sound out of it, depending in part on your cabs. Nice, flexible LIGHTWEIGHT amp. You couldn't pry me loose from mine.

bmac314 likes this.
  8. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Anyone using either the LMII or SA450 with a Schroeder 1210?
    That is what ill be using and im looking for a fat, punchy sound as well as clear solid. i can get this with my ABM but i want it louder. im not really attatched to the sound of the ABM so im not looking for a replacement, rather a different sound but i cant get to try the amp and cab before i buy.

9. I have been using my LMII with a mini12 +L cab and it rocks It sounds like a vintage Acoustic mini stack

I am waiting for my 1210L and a new mini12+L front firing sealed cab to arrive I will keep you posted

10. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Thanks Mark.
    look forward to hearing your views

11. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    well, ive just got rid of my ABM because i felt i was pushing it a bit to hard last night at the gig and still dont really like the tone (loved my MAG though). only got just under half of what i paid for it but ordered a SA450 which i should get on thursday, just in time for fridays gig.
    Fridays gig will be the first chance i have of using it (not even played one as the shop only had a LMII in) but the variable mid was the thing that swayed me over the LMII. im also looking forward to having 100hz back in the EQ chain. i sort of missed this on the ABM.

so any suggestions on settings for a deep, clear sound. not too mid sounding as my 1210 has all that and more.

also what is the output of the LMII/SA450. in the manual it says 450@4ohms but on the MB site it says 500@4ohms

12. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Ok this may be pointless question but here goes.
    I will be playing my Jazz in to a LMII in to my 1210 tonight. I really should be using a Rick as its a Jam tribute night. Any thoughts on EQ settings? im picking the LMII up on the way to the gig (its on loan till i get my SA450 delivered) so wont have anytime to mess about.
    To be honest i wouldnt know where to start apart form getting a Rick of course.
    Thanks

13. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    Northampton UK
    Keep the EQ flat and the VLE & VPF at about 10 o'clock. Adjust the mids out by turning the VPF clockwise. If you want more/less highs use the VLE.

Enjoy :)

14. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Thanks, ill give it a go

15. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    it amazes to this day.. I have an SVT CL.. and sound engineers PREFER this LMII head hands-down.. amazing product, still, years late.

I keep everything flat.. gain at half.. I then boost the bass to 1 o clock.. VPF 9 o clock.. VLE about 7 o clock..

16. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
  17. Kellymack

Kellymack

Jan 7, 2011
    I set mine flat, filters off. Gain is 10 o' clock, volume is at 3-4 o' clock. I'm using an 1982 (passive) Ibanez Blazer P-Bass clone and a Eden 210 XST 4ohm, 500 Watt. I feel I have matched everything up for the tone I was seeking... Finally!!!

18. food

food

Jul 22, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    When people say VLE\VPF "about 7 o'clock," don't the mean "off"?

19. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    yeah,... flat is my new favorite setting with fine tuning room to room.

20. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    Start at flat, add some bass or VPF depending on what freqs I want. (fingerstyle P in a rock band)