1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are your opinions on the GK Backline 600?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shawshank72, Jan 28, 2015.

1. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Can you get a loud clean tone as well as the typical gk gritty out of this?
    I know the speakers were blah but now that time has passed how are these holding up?
    Are they underpowered or is it an honest 300W?
    Would like to know about them.

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

More than honest 300 watts. Those specs are from an engineer that designed it, not a marketing stooge. They hold up very well and are a very good value.

shawshank72 likes this.
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

You might find this interesting from fdeck here on TalkBass.

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I had an rb1001 or whatever that was called. Used that and a backline 600 with a neo 212 for a while. Wound liking the Backline better and selling off the other. Backline was a lot more simple, and easier to get good tones out of. They both pushed the 212 to its limit so volume wasnt an issue. I even felt the Backline was louder. Maybe 700 watts was overkill for the cab.

Anyhow, yes. It's a great head. I still have mine as a backup to my BX 500.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021