1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What Are Your Opinions On...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by H3rEye51nRoam, Dec 2, 2003.

1. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    The new 2003 Fender Jazz Bass? About to trade my xbox for one so I figured it was a good deal. The guy got it as a gift and didn't want it. Thanks everyone. BTW played guitar for about 2 years originally wanting a bass and now I am getting one.

2. Do the trade.

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    do it.

4. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    Yea I was going through with the trade for sure but not positive on if I was going to stick with it or try trading for a better bass. Looks like I'm sticking with it though for sure. It's mint the guy only played it a couple of hours since he got it for a grad. present and didn't want it.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I agree. If it is a MIM, the deal isn't so great. For an MIA, it is killer.

6. If it's an American, you should MOST CERTAINLY do it. If it's a Mexican, then you should do it.

7. Xbox is like $100 so MIM MIA MIJ who cares do it !!!

8. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    It's mint the guy only played it a couple of hours since he got it for a grad. present and didn't want it.

Where do I find a graduate like this?

I think I would be saying I did it.

tk

9. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    LOL. Well it's a modded xbox. The type that can go for like up to $400+ new w/ like huge hdd's and that. This just has the standard hdd though and if I were to sell it I could get like $250 or less out of it which is about what the guy wanted for the buy. Now how can I tell if it's MIA or MIM? It's the brand new one here, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...5883927/g=bass/search/detail/base_pid/511024/ except that saga green metallic.Oh well. Thanks. Deal's going down and he's sending tomorrow!!

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

That's made in Mexico, a MIM. Resale value for a used MIM is around $250 - $275. So it is a decent trade, based on the value you say your Xbox has. You're not getting ripped, but it's not the deal of the century, either.

11. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003