Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Are Your Opinions On...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by H3rEye51nRoam, Dec 2, 2003.

1. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    The new 2003 Fender Jazz Bass? About to trade my xbox for one so I figured it was a good deal. The guy got it as a gift and didn't want it. Thanks everyone. BTW played guitar for about 2 years originally wanting a bass and now I am getting one.

2. Do the trade.

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    do it.

4. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    Yea I was going through with the trade for sure but not positive on if I was going to stick with it or try trading for a better bass. Looks like I'm sticking with it though for sure. It's mint the guy only played it a couple of hours since he got it for a grad. present and didn't want it.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I agree. If it is a MIM, the deal isn't so great. For an MIA, it is killer.

6. If it's an American, you should MOST CERTAINLY do it. If it's a Mexican, then you should do it.

7. Xbox is like $100 so MIM MIA MIJ who cares do it !!!

8. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    It's mint the guy only played it a couple of hours since he got it for a grad. present and didn't want it.

Where do I find a graduate like this?

I think I would be saying I did it.

tk

9. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    LOL. Well it's a modded xbox. The type that can go for like up to $400+ new w/ like huge hdd's and that. This just has the standard hdd though and if I were to sell it I could get like $250 or less out of it which is about what the guy wanted for the buy. Now how can I tell if it's MIA or MIM? It's the brand new one here, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...5883927/g=bass/search/detail/base_pid/511024/ except that saga green metallic.Oh well. Thanks. Deal's going down and he's sending tomorrow!!

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That's made in Mexico, a MIM. Resale value for a used MIM is around $250 - $275. So it is a decent trade, based on the value you say your Xbox has. You're not getting ripped, but it's not the deal of the century, either.

11. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003