Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What are your RBI settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Feb 7, 2005.

1. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    Hey, i just got my RBI in the mail and im loving it! Im sure it will be better once i get a rack case and my speakers fixed. but how do you have yours set? i didnt get a manual so i dont have any presets

thanks

2. Hey man,
    I'm lovin' my RBI, too! I've only played it solo, not with the band yet, so I don't know yet how my settings work for cutting through. I've got the Drive around 4 1/2, Presence at 5 1/2, and Blend around 4. Those are the "big three", as far as I can tell. The Blend knob seems to have a lot in common with SWR's Aural Enhancer, as far as sucking the mids out if you turn it up too far. I'm boosting the bass a tad, treble pretty much flat, and mids at around 7 1/2.
    I'll send you a PM with the presets from the manual, if you want.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    In relation to clock positions

Standard Deep/Clear Setting
    Drive 12:30
    Presense 10:30
    Blend 1:00
    Bass/Mid/Treble 12:00

and occasionally
    Reggae setting
    Drive 12:30
    Presense 9:00
    Blend 5:00
    Bass 4:00
    Mid 2:00
    Treble 11:00

4. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Note that I filter strongly around 2KHz and boost around 10-12KHz with a parametric EQ so mid and treble settings may vary. This sad, here we go:

Semi-clean setting (can play slap and stuff)
    Drive: 12:30
    Presence: 10:00
    Blend: 12:00
    Bass:12:00
    Mid: 10:30
    Treble: 11:30

Growly setting (mostly for nü-metalish Bstring work)
    Drive: 2:00
    Presence: 10:00
    Blend: 2:00
    Bass:12:00
    Mid: 10:30
    Treble: 10:30

Good luck!

ANDRUCA

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I usually start at 11:00 across the board and tweak from there if necessary.

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I bought my RBI used. It didn't come with a manual, and I couldn't find one online at the Tech21 website. But I emailed Tech21 and they emailed me back a PDF of the RBI owner's manual. Very cool of them.

That said: I've never been crazy about the suggested settings for either the SABDDI or the RBI.