What are your RBI settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Feb 7, 2005.

1. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Hey, i just got my RBI in the mail and im loving it! Im sure it will be better once i get a rack case and my speakers fixed. but how do you have yours set? i didnt get a manual so i dont have any presets

2. Hey man,
    I'm lovin' my RBI, too! I've only played it solo, not with the band yet, so I don't know yet how my settings work for cutting through. I've got the Drive around 4 1/2, Presence at 5 1/2, and Blend around 4. Those are the "big three", as far as I can tell. The Blend knob seems to have a lot in common with SWR's Aural Enhancer, as far as sucking the mids out if you turn it up too far. I'm boosting the bass a tad, treble pretty much flat, and mids at around 7 1/2.
    I'll send you a PM with the presets from the manual, if you want.
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    In relation to clock positions

Standard Deep/Clear Setting
    Drive 12:30
    Presense 10:30
    Blend 1:00
    Bass/Mid/Treble 12:00

and occasionally
    Reggae setting
    Drive 12:30
    Presense 9:00
    Blend 5:00
    Bass 4:00
    Mid 2:00
    Treble 11:00
  4. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Note that I filter strongly around 2KHz and boost around 10-12KHz with a parametric EQ so mid and treble settings may vary. This sad, here we go:

Semi-clean setting (can play slap and stuff)
    Drive: 12:30
    Presence: 10:00
    Blend: 12:00
    Mid: 10:30
    Treble: 11:30

Growly setting (mostly for nü-metalish Bstring work)
    Drive: 2:00
    Presence: 10:00
    Blend: 2:00
    Mid: 10:30
    Treble: 10:30

Good luck!

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I usually start at 11:00 across the board and tweak from there if necessary.
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I bought my RBI used. It didn't come with a manual, and I couldn't find one online at the Tech21 website. But I emailed Tech21 and they emailed me back a PDF of the RBI owner's manual. Very cool of them.

That said: I've never been crazy about the suggested settings for either the SABDDI or the RBI.