1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are your thoughts on the Yamaha BBT410S?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rancidrancid, Dec 4, 2006.

1. I figured out my problem with my old combo, and figured out a perfect way to frankenstein it into a head.

120 watts, 4 ohms.

I was thinking about cabs, and came across a few, and I thought so far this one would be good:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-BBT410S-4-x-10-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=601412

250 watts RMS handling, 4 ohm.

If you can think of anything in that price range ($300 max) please let me know. I do know about Avatar, but I think the gap of 120 watts and 1000 is awfully large, and I'd doubt I'd be able to find them at Guitar Center.

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I'd consider it, but $70 for shipping is the nail in the coffin in my book. Better off with a Avatar Neo for sure. Lighter, handles more power and the Neo II's used in the Avatars is known to be a top notch bass speaker. I'd go with the Avatar personally...

3. But isn't there a problem with a 120 watt 4 ohm power source and 1000 watt handling?

I remember someone on here told me about that I might cause it to clip...

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Only if the cab has low sensitivity. Avatar cabs are pretty sensitive. You will be fine!

5. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    I agree with Quad ... and I happen to be a Yamaha gear fan ... four 70 watts 10's in a big box to truck around, for that much money leaves me a little stand-offish as well ... I have not heard that cab, but I had the 110's which were incredible, and have heard good things on the 210, but the 410 uses a much lower capability driver ... you can get a quite efficient 210 or 112 that would do what that box does used, for less than half of that ... JoeGeezer has two 112's on ebay right now, and he lives a stones throw from us ... I have seen and heard the cabs, and also have one myself ... tough to go wrong there ... just make sure you want a 4 ohm cab ... good luck young MN buck ...