What are your TV viewing habits?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jul 13, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    So, how do you do it.....

Do you sit down to watch a certain show, and then get up when it is over? Do you sit in front of the TV and then start looking for something to watch? Do you watch the TV, as in surfing all the channels? Or, do you watch one channel at a time?

Me, I schedule time to watch certain shows. I will sit down in front of the TV a few minutes before the show starts, and then turn it off when that show is over. When I was unemployed, I would just sit there for hours surfing the channels trying to find something to watch.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i have a DVR.

i record what i wanna watch and watch it later... so i can skip commercials.
  3. the t.v. in my room stopped working a few months ago, so now i venture all the way to the living room. i'll go up during the day to see if any movies are on, and usually there won't be, so i'll leave. then i'll come back later. the only show i make a point of watching is degrassi, because i'm lame, ha. i also like law and order: SVU and the sopranos.
  4. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I don't watch much TV. I haven't owned a TV for a couple of months, and now when a friend donated his old one to me few weeks ago, I haven't even bothered to plug it in.

If I do, I usually watch some documentaries or certain series, but sometimes surf during the night. Kinda depends where I am staying, at home, at my parents or at my gf's place.
  5. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i don't really watch a lot of tv myself, i don't find a lot of the programs on entertaining (that's probbaly a whole new thread :D ). but i make a point to watch a few certain shows i enjoy. my girlfriend on the other hand loves to sit in front of the tv and surf for something to watch.

6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Always on the couch, always with the laptop on the coffee table in front of me, and always with one of my basses in hand.
  7. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I dont watch tv.
  8. I only watch for the news, the footy, and then CSI. CSI hasn't been on for a while, so that's cut down my TV watching time [when I get the season box sets, though, I'll be on the couch for days... :D], but I still make time to watch the footy. That starts usually when I get home from work, so I'll sit there for the entire game.

Sometimes I'll have the TV on in the background, stuck on Club V (music channel), like a radio thing. But I wouldn't be watching it.
  9. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    when there's something really specific on, that's about it.
  10. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

I usually turn on the TV, flip through the channels and realize that there's nothing good on, then turn it off. The only show I really watch on a regular basis is the Daily Show.
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I usually pick a random show, wait until I'm 13 minutes and 51 seconds into it, and then stand up and yell "CURIHEEEEEE!" and then throw an alarm clock at the TV as hard as I can. It's just something we did in my family growing up.

brad cook
  12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I watch the cartoons on Fox and Cartoon Network on Sunday nights, and that's about it. I'll occasionally flip it on if I see an interested animal or history show (or horror movie) listed on Yahoo's TV listings.

13. +1

I've been out of work on disability since Feb. 2nd so when I'm not practicing on bass I'll watch the shows I've recorded.

Especially when all the med's I'm on kick in. :D
  14. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I don't watch much TV but mostly it consists of me flipping through the channels 10 times, realizing there's nothing on, and leaving it on one of the MusicChoice channels.

There are only a few shows I try to catch. I used to watch Uranium and Metal Asylum but they're both pretty much the same mallcore and screamo bands over and over and over. Adult Swim has gotten tiresome as well. :scowl:
  15. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Most of the time I'll just flip for awhile hoping for a horror movie or a Twilight Zone episode. I regularly watch the Daily Show and Conan O'Brien.
  16. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    I do watch TV quite a lot. I do set time aside for my favourites (which are rare these days.... if you're not into DIY, house buying, or reality shows :D )

However if I'm bored I will just flick through until I find something vaguely interesting. But a lot of nights there is just nothing worth watching - I tend to just put a DVD on.
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Don't watch TV. Hell, I didn't own a TV for a year.
  18. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    No TV at my house, unless you count the little 3.5" B/W stored in the garage for emergencies.
  19. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
  20. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I watch Adult Swim, South Park, and Reno 911. Thats about it for the most part unless something else happens to catch my attention.