What Barts sound closest to the ones in MTD basses?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SummerSoft, Nov 5, 2005.

1. SummerSoft

Jun 17, 2005
    Could anybody help me find something like that?

2. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    All MTD and pre Gibson Tobias humbuckers are reverse P split coils. So order that config or get a quad coil and set up the switching to offer that choice.
  3. SummerSoft

Jun 17, 2005
    Thanks, but since I don't know much bout pups, it would be great if you could tell me if there are any pups like that on their product list.

And by that "order" you mean that they make custom pups? I didn't know that... :confused:
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yes, they have p2 and p4 pickups available in dual coil configurations (standard) or quad coil configuration.
    I don't *think* they make the quad coils for anything but OEM or custom orders, but I could be wrong. Call the Bart Distributor (Tom Wagner), his number is on the bart site. You'll get an answer out of him much more readily than bartolini.
    Anything not on their 'quick' price list is custom. This includes stuff they make especially for manufacturers like Pedulla, MTD - they won't sell you these MTD or Pedulla pickups by the way.
    Price list, catalog can be gotten here:
  5. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Quad coils are a standard option, or at least were, in the p2, p4 styles. The Bart catalog can be quite tough to figure out and the website's a mess. And they like to rename things every now and then. :rolleyes:

Summer, what bass are they going in? And which MTD are you trying to emulate?
  6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    AFAIK quadcoils are a standard model. They're the standard pickups in Brubakers.
  7. SummerSoft

Jun 17, 2005
    They should go in a custom bass from a local luthier, and MTD sound I'm shooting for is something like an MTD on Erykah Badu Live