Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What bass are you saving up for?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Figjam, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What bass do you think will be your next purchase, whether it'll be soon or in a few years. First ill be buying a new amp setup,and then a car.. but eventualyl (2-3 years) i plan on buying a Warwick Streamer Stage 2 (4 string, probably used due to expensiveness). How bout you guys?

2. In the next few years I would like to get a Fender '57 precision bass, or the new Mike Dirnt sig. P bass.

3. After I upgrade to a much nicer amp set up I would be interested in having a fretless 4 string made for me by FBB customs.

4. Conklin GTBD-7! :D YAY In the very near future. Then maybe a car after that, even though I'm not old enough to drive yet hahahaha.
    Thanks
    Troy

5. I already have my dream bass, and at the tender age of 17...

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Either a fretted 4 or fretless 5. Either in the general ballpark of <$500.

If it's a fretted four, it'd for BEADing purposes. If it's a fretless 5, well, that should be somewhat self-explanatory.

7. Hey Masamax
    What is your dream bass you already have? Its gonna change, I guarantee.
    Thanks
    Troy

8. Fender MIA Fretless. Beautiful. I played one that was just perfect.

9. After i get a better amp setup i want to get a 4 string neck-thru spector pro series bass, or a G&L 2000 series, or a Stringray

10. Wait...you mean next bass I plan on getting?

Probably a Grind NTB6 or something. I love 6 strings.

11. EB MusicMan Stingray 4-string fretless...

12. heh, i wish i was that decisive... im going to wait until i have a serviceable amp again (probably a bassman 25)... i think my current bass (peavey millennium) could sound awesome with a good amp... its pretty great with the crappy headphone amp i use... i plan on getting either an sx p or j soon but im not really saving for anything... the money is there, im just waiting until i move to acquire more gear so i wont have to take it with me... also, another peavey g-bass is in order once i move

13. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Well I love my Fender vintage series and I love it's old school thumpy sound.

My next bass is going to be something progressive and a good old 4 stringer. I was thinking along the lines of a modulus quantum 4 or Flea. I definately want the active sound and something that is made for cutting.

However, those bongos look and feel better every time I get near one. Either way I'm at least a year away from my next bass purchase, so I have time to figure out what I want.

14. Musicman Stringray 5 with piezo bridge. I played almost every high end bass in the Edmonton area and fell in love with this one off the bat.

15. Will be a few years before I get anywhere bassically. :p

but!

'59 RI P-bass
    Jaco CIJ Fretless J
    Bongo/or SR
    Any other Grabbers or Rippers thats come my way!! :hyper:

16. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  17. Lewk

Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    I have been saving since october for a new bass, and have narrowed my selection down to a Stingray 4, or a G&L ASAT Semi-hollow. the asat is a bit hard to come by here in england though, so stingray is winning so far.

18. My intention will be a 7 string fretted single cut to go along with my 7 fretless. I am working out specs at the moment but it won't be until later in the year that I finalise things and by then I will hopefully have the money to pay for it!

The builders on my shortlist are TB's very own JP or Martin Petersen [Sei bass] who built my fretless.

Can't wait :hyper:

Regards

Matthew

19. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Ummm ...

A custom Wal 6
    A custom Warwick Streamer St II 6 fretless...

different basses for different tones - I already have a Corvette 6, so the wishlist/ultimate bass list is 1/3 complete...

well I am not yet saving up for them, but they will probably be my next bass-purchase... in about 10 or so years :bawl: yep first finish uni, then a house, a car and only then a new bass.

20. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I'm looking for a good P-Bass.