What bass are you saving up for?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Figjam, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What bass do you think will be your next purchase, whether it'll be soon or in a few years. First ill be buying a new amp setup,and then a car.. but eventualyl (2-3 years) i plan on buying a Warwick Streamer Stage 2 (4 string, probably used due to expensiveness). How bout you guys?
  2. In the next few years I would like to get a Fender '57 precision bass, or the new Mike Dirnt sig. P bass.
  3. After I upgrade to a much nicer amp set up I would be interested in having a fretless 4 string made for me by FBB customs.
  4. Conklin GTBD-7! :D YAY In the very near future. Then maybe a car after that, even though I'm not old enough to drive yet hahahaha.
  5. I already have my dream bass, and at the tender age of 17...
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Either a fretted 4 or fretless 5. Either in the general ballpark of <$500.

If it's a fretted four, it'd for BEADing purposes. If it's a fretless 5, well, that should be somewhat self-explanatory.
  7. Hey Masamax
    What is your dream bass you already have? Its gonna change, I guarantee.
  8. Fender MIA Fretless. Beautiful. I played one that was just perfect.
  9. After i get a better amp setup i want to get a 4 string neck-thru spector pro series bass, or a G&L 2000 series, or a Stringray
  10. Wait...you mean next bass I plan on getting?

Probably a Grind NTB6 or something. I love 6 strings.
  11. EB MusicMan Stingray 4-string fretless...
  12. heh, i wish i was that decisive... im going to wait until i have a serviceable amp again (probably a bassman 25)... i think my current bass (peavey millennium) could sound awesome with a good amp... its pretty great with the crappy headphone amp i use... i plan on getting either an sx p or j soon but im not really saving for anything... the money is there, im just waiting until i move to acquire more gear so i wont have to take it with me... also, another peavey g-bass is in order once i move
  13. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Well I love my Fender vintage series and I love it's old school thumpy sound.

My next bass is going to be something progressive and a good old 4 stringer. I was thinking along the lines of a modulus quantum 4 or Flea. I definately want the active sound and something that is made for cutting.

However, those bongos look and feel better every time I get near one. Either way I'm at least a year away from my next bass purchase, so I have time to figure out what I want.
  14. Musicman Stringray 5 with piezo bridge. I played almost every high end bass in the Edmonton area and fell in love with this one off the bat.
  15. Will be a few years before I get anywhere bassically. :p

'59 RI P-bass
    Jaco CIJ Fretless J
    Bongo/or SR
    Any other Grabbers or Rippers thats come my way!! :hyper:
  16. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  17. Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    I have been saving since october for a new bass, and have narrowed my selection down to a Stingray 4, or a G&L ASAT Semi-hollow. the asat is a bit hard to come by here in england though, so stingray is winning so far.
  18. My intention will be a 7 string fretted single cut to go along with my 7 fretless. I am working out specs at the moment but it won't be until later in the year that I finalise things and by then I will hopefully have the money to pay for it!

The builders on my shortlist are TB's very own JP or Martin Petersen [Sei bass] who built my fretless.

Can't wait :hyper:

19. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Ummm ...

A custom Wal 6
    A custom Warwick Streamer St II 6 fretless...

different basses for different tones - I already have a Corvette 6, so the wishlist/ultimate bass list is 1/3 complete...

well I am not yet saving up for them, but they will probably be my next bass-purchase... in about 10 or so years :bawl: yep first finish uni, then a house, a car and only then a new bass.
  20. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I'm looking for a good P-Bass.