1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what bass do i have

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ryan morris, Mar 5, 2001.

1. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    ok, what's the difference between the 2000 model hot-rodded p-bass(american standard), and the 2001 series. the specs are exactly the same. i just don't know which one i got. any help would be great.

2. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, I think the 2001 model has a slightly faster (thinner) neck. I think that's about the only diff.

3. try going to a fender site that has forums and post the serial # and see what they say

4. ryan morris

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    great thinkin' dude

5. :D thanks

6. Hi ryanm....

Have you been able to date your bass yet? Serial No's are not necessarily a good dating tool. If you're up to the task, unbolt the neck and check under the base....

[​IMG]

7. ryan morris

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    well, i went to a fender forum and they dated it a 99. so, i guess i'll live with that. thanks all.

8. Xavier got wood! hehehe

9. nothing wrong with a 99, i have a 2000 and its like yours, i think the change came late 2000.
    played a 2001 at GC and i couldn't feel any diference. but then again i don't play my jazz a ton.
    felt the same to me.