Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What bass do you love to play?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Nov 11, 2003.

1. I notice everybody here (including me) has (or has had) more than one bass. Which one is your favorite one? Mine is my Essex BG-150. Of course, I only have a fretless fender MIM jazz bass, and some Jaguar-shaped short-scale made in japan bass that my guitar store was going to throw away. (I fixed it up and the pickups actually work now!)
    Charlie

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My Stingray is #1, but it'll never fill the place in my heart that belongs to my Ibanez SR400. That was my first.

3. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    My favorite is easily my roscoe SKB3006!

[​IMG]

4. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I can't get enough of the Ibanez BTB. I've never owned one but several friends of mine have them and every time I see them I just have to play their BTBs.

5. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    If you're ever in Philly drop by my house and i'll give you one for 200 bucks. :D

6. [​IMG]

My '61 4000, gets most of my attention.
    [​IMG]

With my '66 Jazz running a very close second.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    My 1990 Modulus gets most of my attn. It is Blue with Purple burst,I will take some better pics soon.
    [​IMG]

8. I recently bought an MTD Kingston 5-string fretless. What a neck! I also like its ebanol fretboard with its total lack of dead spots. In fact, I prefer the feel of the Kingston's neck over that of my Modulus Quantum 6 fretted bass. Notes seem to just jump off the fretboard of the Quantum, but the Kingston is just downright comfortable to play. I also enjoy knowing I spent over five and a half times less money on the Kingston versus the Modulus and it's still a great sounding bass.

9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I don't have a favorite bass, but my MTD 535 is my most comfortable player, even more than my 34" scale basses. As I often say, it's as if Mike made it for my hands. :) :) :)

10. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Right now I prefer to play my Precision. Although I do like playing my RBX270 now that it has flats on it :D

Dan:bassist:

11. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My Peavey Cirrus 6 is #1. But my Zon Sonus Custom fretless 5 is a close second.

13. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    My fav is my 70's reissue MIA precision with flats. Previously was an epiphone jack casady. Too bad because I'm soon to be a "former" jackster!

14. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Wow, fretless5verfan, drool slobber pant pant...

I love my Roscoe too! Mine's the fretless LG-3005.

These days an F bass BN5 is my staple at gigs.

Studio favorite: custom Alembic 5 string with extra wide string spacing. The world's heaviest and largest bass. Incomparable sound, can't be rivalled. Spanky or deep, it sounds awesome. Usually run it straight through the board, in mono or stereo. (The side LEDs are kinda useless though, you'd end up stoop shouldered if you tried to use it at a gig!)

15. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Love em all. Lately, my fave is my Motley Wishbass. It sounds great, plays great, and people really stop to take notice. Second place is probably my Fodera Emperor, followed by my Heartfield 6 string.

16. brian_t

brian_t Guest

Feb 20, 2003
    Zanesville, Ohio
    i love my Squier Affinity P-bass, it was my first and always puts out a sweet sound

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My Essex Fretless P. after i put new pickups in it, itl kickass.

18. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Lakland's.

And Fixed up BTB 406, I like the way they feel, and with sweet Bartolini Pup's and the Fodera Preamp it REALLY KICKS.

I also like the Fodera Oteil Burbridge plays.

19. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I
    need
    a
    Lakland
    Skyline
    So...Bad!

Or I will die.

20. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Everyone need's a lakland...

I can live without mine... The only complaint I have is lack of 24 fretts.