What bass do you plan on getting next?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Yea, any of you guys have basses you either dream of having or plan on getting?
    If so, why so? What makes it dreamy?
  2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I'm getting a major itch for a Ric 4001. Always wanted one, never bought one.

I've got Yes Fragile in the CD changer right now and that may just push me over the edge...so I guess that makes me Close to the Edge : - )
  3. WHEN I can get the funds together, I'm planning on getting a Warwick Fortress One. I played one once and fell in love it with. I loved the tone, the feel, EVERYTHING!

Also, I have plans on getting an Essex P-Bass and getting a fretless neck with it because I'd really dig a fretless P.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i plan on getting one of those cool custom conklin 7 stringers next. i hear they are really great instruments

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Man, I saw this website the other day... guy had 2 of them connected together :eek:

Now THAT'd be dreamy ;)
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I posted the other day... I'm getting my dream bass built!

:cool: Benavente 51P :cool:
  7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Fodera Imperial...

Chance I might get a roscoe from Adrian though.
  8. Warwick Streamer LX 5 string,

its not a high end bass but its a big step up for me.

9. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

somethin' for my doggies :D

the cats? umm...wrong forum :p
  10. I'm GASin' most for a nice Vintage Fender, or at least an MIJ Fender P-Bass 62' RI.

But I need to get a new rig first...
  11. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    perhaps an FBB?
    They just fit me, that's why.
  12. Right now I have a GAS for a 4 string fender Jazz bass with fretless warmoth neck, badass bridge, and emg active electronics.
  13. Fantasy:
    Warwick Std. Corvette fretless
    Pedulla MVP or Thunder:cool:

(but I'll probably get something far cheaper, cause I'm a cheap ass:D... rather spend the money on my family:))

Maybe a Kingston fretless, &
    a Lakland skyline;)
  14. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Another Sadowsky, of course!

15. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Odds are
    70% likely it'll be a Hanewinckel Pro,
    20% likely it'll be another Alembic custom,
    10% likely it'll be a Jerzy Drozd
    any of these would be a 5er, probably fretted.

100% likely I'll have some 'splainin' to do with Lucy;)

16. Randumb

Feb 2, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Warwick Thumb Bolt-on 5 string
  17. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    If we're talking my "dream bass", it's in the process of being built right now--a custom Curbow single cutaway carved-top semi-hollow zebrawood 6 string. It's "dreamy" because I love Greg's instruments--especially the Rockwood necks and carved tops--and I pretty much pulled out all the stops on what I wanted, but this one will also end up including some things I liked from other basses as well, like the single cutaway shape, wenge tone plate, matching zebrawood headstock overlay, and assymmetric neck profile. It's basically an instrument I've had picured in my head for years, and someday soon it will actually exist!

The next bass I'll actually be taking possession of, though, is a purely practical American Standard Jazz 5 with Fender Noiseless pickups and a J-Retro.

18. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    My Dream Bass is being built by Mr. Pushic as we speak...
    Sort of Hanie style bod...MM/J pickups...Visible NT with Snakewood top...Walnut body...mmmm..

I'll keep ya'll posted. :D
  19. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Every damn boutique bass I see becomes my "next" bass. It changes by the minute. It's too bad a man of such fine taste is so poor. :)
  20. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Almost forgot....you asked WHY?

I love the tone of the Alembics, especially Series I and Series II. My favorite basses, ever. And if you ever see some of the stuff they can do custom. WOOOOW!! But they are a tad bit pricey.

My Hanewinckel has just totally blown me away since the day I got it. It is by far the easiest playing bass I have ever owned. Definitely plays like buttah. The tone is great and so is the workmanship. They are not too pricey (yet). I imagine Pete Hanewinckel is kinda where Mike Tobias was 15 - 20 years ago in terms of public perception. Those of us who know what he can do are staunch supporters.

The Jerzy Drozd is on my list 'cause I never get tired of looking at those beauties. I hear that they play and sound nice, so, what the heck?

There are a ton of other cool basses out there (Roscoe, F Bass, MTD) that I'd love to get my hands on, but fact of the matter is, they tend to be priced in the same neighborhood, maybe a tad higher than Hanewinckel. If I found the right deal used I'd jump on them in a heartbeat, but if ordering new, I'd probably go for the Hanie.