What bass do you play when you are playing an acoustic set

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    My Squier P-bass.

Got incredible thump.

2. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician
    I play a Godin fretless (the original Acoustibass) with TI flats. I'd like to play a Rob Allen, but I can't afford one - yet. Just started using a doghouse, but it's too much trouble to transport.

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

This is my main hollowbody now for the acoustic sets [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

And I still have this one [​IMG][/IMG]

5. Tom Howland

Tom Howland Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Also into SWR Workmans for acoustic gigs,
    Great little amp.

6. Usually my Martin B-65.
    DSC_0110.gif
    DSC_0109.gif
    DSC_0111.gif

7. 5-string Michael Kelly Dragonfly.

8. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    This one:
    [​IMG]

9. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I've got a defretted Hohner acoustic with the horrible piezo disconnected and a P pup mounted in the sound hole. It sounds great, very acoustic, even uprightesque. I think it may not last too long and the upper end of the fingerboard is too hard to play. I plan to replace it with something someday.

10. I can't use my upright because I don't have my own car and it's not really loud enough (needs a set up). So unless I borrow a friend's old fretless J, I just use my 6er.

11. I don't play acoustic sets :bag:

no really, I use my Am J most of the time, neck pickup with the treble rolled off a bit for a nice woody thump. With really light strumming guitars I use my fretless MIM J.

12. acleex38

acleex38

Jul 28, 2006
    Fretless Breedlove Atlas or my Birdsong Cortofusion (which can go from jazzy to early 70s Gibson EB-0/1 hard rock tone with a quick varitone knob switch and a single pedal). The Breedlove gets more fingernoise, so I'd rather use that for bluegrassy stuff, but either works for acoustic rock or jazz.

13. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

For now, I'm using a Dean Rhapsody fretless hollowbody.

George

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2022