1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What bass do you think gets posted for sale the most in the classifieds section?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tomis17, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What bass do you think gets posted for sale the most in the classifieds section? Please be specific. For example the Fender Jazz, let us know if it's the MIM Std Jazz, MIA Std Jazz, or the Jazz Dlx. Possible reasons why it gets posted for sale so much? Remember, I said posted for sale, not sold.

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    A jazz of some sort, as about as specific as I'm getting.

3. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'm thinking either a Warwick Thumb 5 or a Lakland 44-01 but I'm leaning towards the Lakland because there's like 4 of them currently listed.

4. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    Gotta be a Jazz. Probably the Geddy

5. notdavey

notdavey

Nov 2, 2006
    Seattle WA
    A Fender MIM Jazz....usually for too much.

6. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    something modded by me :) lmao

I would say Fender or Warwicks

7. I've noticed a whole lot of Geddy's being posted in one state of modification or another

8. Flintc

Flintc

Aug 15, 2006
    Alabama
    Clearly it's a jazz of some sort, whether by Fender, Sadowski, Lull, Modulus, Lakland (and the "me too, I'm a jazz bass too!" beat goes on, and on, and on). I personally don't see any compelling reason to be more specific either; seen any one of these, you've seen them all.

9. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Honestly I really have a hard time buying somone elses mod and paying a premium for it.

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I wondered if this thread might be about a specific individual bass! You know how there are certain single basses that get traded back and forth amongst TB'ers... the Valenti Geddy V comes to mind, but I know there are at least a dozen others which have had multiple TB owners. That would be a funny (and informative!) list.

11. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Not exactly what I had in mind but it would be helpful info if that were the case.

Speaking of Valenti's, there was this Valenti PJ that got listed every two weeks. The same exact bass that each owner felt "not their taste". All I have to say is "Why did you buy it?"

12. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    +1! That's what I thought this thread would be about. It's amazing the way some basses get passed around like Paris Hilton.:D

13. Easy answer, you can't just go somewhere and try a Valenti. On top of that, Valenti uses a multitude of pickups and pre-amps, so no 2 are nearly identical.

So the only way to try one is to buy one. It happens with alot of the Talkbass friendly luthiers. Lecompte, Valenti, Stambaugh, Fbass. Alot of this stuff can only be tried if you buy it, then people pass it along to the next person to try.

14. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Share the wealth???