Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What bass do you think is most common for a TBer to have?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aaron, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i just wondered, i think i've going to start a poll after this thread. I've seen a lot of people with MIA P-basses, and MIM jazzes, but maybe that is just because i recognize fenders a lot more than other basses.

2. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    one way to find out...
    m

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Yeah... loads of fenders.

I bet alot of Peaveys too.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Probably MIM Fender Jazz.

I do guarantee you that there are more Fender Jazzes(MIM, MIA, MIJ, Deluxe, 5, etc.) owned by members of this board than any other make.

5. Yeah, definately Fender Jazz basses. Everybody has one, except me. :( That's ok though, I almost bought one, but decided not to in favour of my Yamaha RBX765A. There's a bass that not everybody has.

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i don't have one, but i'm going to have a fretless mim jazz with a gotoh 201 probably this week or next week (but that means a TBer to remain unnamed will lose one.) I still think there are a bunch of people with precisions though. They are everywhere.

7. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Does that mean youre gonna steal mine?

Wait my doesnt have a fancy bridge.

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    of course... [​IMG]

9. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    *gospel voice on*

Praise the Lord to that!

*gospel voice off*
    :D
    But indeed is one that they should have!

10. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I'm a minister and i take offense to that. Okay, maybe i don't take offense to that, but i am a minister, and a sinister one at that!!!

11. kezekiel

kezekiel

Sep 24, 2000
    I would bet that over the years, Jazzes have outsold Precisions about 2 to 1, and probably more like 4 to one in recent years. Anybody in the sales business able to confirm/deny?

12. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    If you include JT, Conklins by a mile :D :D :D

Peace,

James

13. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    you're probably right, but p-basses are still popular. I just remember a seeing some MIA p-basses in profiles.

14. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    ...okay.... word ever

15. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    yeah id say fender! I still need to post a pic of my 67 fender p-bass! I will take a snap shot of all my basses after my spector usa gets here!

16. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    DID YOU SAY A '67 FENDER!!!!!

ahwww
    [​IMG]

It was the transistion period (right?), but they still kick some serious ass. My dream is a pre-cbs jazz, and the a '57-'64 p-bass.

17. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    OH MY GOD!!! IT IS A FRETLESS TOO!!!

18. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yeah but i wasnt wanting to tell the story behind this 67 fender but i will! Iam afraid of all of you hunting me down and slicing my throat! We had a small local band open for us in kansas city and i was talking to the kid that plays bass for them! I told him i was getting ready to go to the studio the next week and i was going to go rent a frettless bass to take with me! He said dude i have one you can buy! He went on to say that he has only played bass for about 3 years (it was obvious) and he said i could buy it for a small prive becuase he couldnt play a frettless! So he lived a few blocks away so when i got into the front door i asked him how much and he said 100.00! So at this point i thought it was going to be a j.c.penny bass! Well to my suprize he pulled out this old fender case! I crapped myself farted a couple times and puked when i saw it and pulled out the cash! It had some fire damage on it but over all it is in great condition!
    The only prob with it wsa the pickups were melted down and i had to get it refinished because of all the bad smoke damage! i put basslines in it and kept the originals! I will post a pic of it soon!

19. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I'll just go with statistics, since TB has so many members, and say the Fender Squier Affinity P-Bass. It's been referred to in print as the best selling bass of "modern times."

I would suspect one of the Ibanez's, like a GSR200, isn't far behind.

20. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    does this person have a name? address? phone number? more fenders? :D :D