Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What bass do you use?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Harrybalzonya, Feb 6, 2002.

1. What bass do you use, AT the moment i'm using a Squier made by fender... my advice, dont bother with these peices of crap.....
    i'm looking to buy a good esp, or the one that SHAVO from system of a down uses, probably expensive though...Id rather use a warwick, but their too expensive for me...
    What do you use?

2. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Uh, this isn't very instructional, how about we move up to Basses?

Chris A.:rolleyes:

3. Oh stupid me, i thought i was in basses...lol
    Sorry

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    just to say that i'm a Fender Precision player at heart!

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I haven't "used" any yet, but I do play them.

Harry - all you have to do is click on the "Profile" icon that's in everyone's post to see what they currenty play.

Or, if you look in the "Basses" forum, you'll find a couple of threads titled "Show us your basses"

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Currently I'm using for my main axe My Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 5.. I am sure I will have different basses... unfortunately my parents have never and probably will never help me out with buying a bass.. I've had 3 basses.. The stingray being my 3rd.. I do have a list of basses I would like to add to my collection.. Not that I like these anymore than my ray 5 or that I like them anyless.. I just like them and need/want them :). A pedulla firebass, a warwick corvette pro fretless, a Sadowsky Jazz bass, a Lakland bass of sorts, a Fodera, A spector... thats not all.. but i don't want to sound greedy or anything :).. so if anyone has any of these basses just sittin around, just mail them to me and I'll be sure to send you a thank you card :)

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Like Rick said, look in our profiles, or in the Post pictures of your bass! thread.

But I'll play.

I play a Zon Sonus Custom fretless 5, a Peavey Cirrus Custom 6, a Pedulla Rapture J2 5, and a Fender Jazz Geddy Lee signature.

I also own an Ibanez SR506 and Electra-Westone fretless 4, but don't play them very much. And I have a Peavey Foundation 4 string that is loaned out to a kid who is too poor to buy a guitar. I'm hoping if he spends enough time with it that he will decide that e wants to be a bassist instead of a guitarist.;)

8. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i play a 5 string warwick streamer stage 2, a musicman sterling with a graphite neck, and an englehardt upright. soon to get a 5 string fretless (hopefully warwick)

hey embellisher - i'm too poor to buy a zon, think you could loan me yours ;) seriously though, that's a great, GREAT thing that you're doing. if only the whole world were bassplayers (at heart i mean, i don't want to actually start competing for gigs or anything :D )

jason

9. Warwick FNA Jazzman is my main bass. I'm just about to de-fret my Precision though, so I'm looking well forward to seeing how that turns out :)

10. I play a Yamaha RBX765. Yeah so it ain't a Zon or a custom MTD or nothing but it gets the job done. Pretty well too, might I add.

11. Ibanez ATK. I know it is an Ibanez, but it is a grrrrrrreat bass.

12. I'll play...

I split my time about evenly between my Sadowsky Vintage 5 fretted (best bass I've ever played) and my Zon Lightwave fretless.

Occasionally, I'll play the "72 Jazz, just for kicks. But, it doesn't sound nearly as good as the Sadowsky.

Jeff

13. I currently play a Dingwall Z2 5-String. i am also in the process of getting a 6 string, and after that, I am gona go after a fretless, and go back to where I started...4:eek: .

Geoff

14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Usually, I play a Warmoth Jazz 5 string with Bartolinis and a TBT circuit. It has one of the best tones I've ever heard. Sometimes, when I'm playing with a songwriter friend of mine, I play a Tokai Jazz fretless. I am currently breaking in a Conklin 5 fretless which makes my Peavey Minx 110 sound like it cost a thousand bucks. I'm in the process of selling a 6-string bass (see classifieds) and thinking about getting a four, although I made a resolution not to buy any new (or used) basses during 2002.

Doh!:(

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    MTD K5
    Ibanez GSR200

All I have, but not all that I need.

16. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
  17. MIM Fender J

But what I really want to comment on is your name.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned it.

18. I own a Fender Squier P-bass, and to say they are pieces of crap is a matter of opinion. They are "entry-level" basses, mass produced and sold inexpensively. If all you can afford is a Squier, play all of them you can find. I was lucky enough to get one without a single problem, and it had no problems for five years. The only problem it has developed in five years is a cracked volume pot. I think it is a decent bass, but I'm not comparing it to Embellishers Zon though.

My other bass is a Yamaha BBG5 with active jazz pickups. I'm building a custom P-J with the help of a Fender neck and www.Warmouth.com

19. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
  20. your irght it is a matter of opinion, and i think they suck...
    What i want to get, is etheir an ESP
    or a Thunderbird IV made by Gibson, the same kind that Shavo from System of a down plays... Then after that, and i get a band rollen, pick up some money, i'll get a warwick, Maybe...maybe not...
    but now i have a squier p-bass.
    The pic is the thunderbird IV