What bass does Geezer use?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Turbo, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Turbo

Mar 17, 2004
    Ive wondered that but never asked...
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  3. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    I no he has and still does use vintage fender p-basses along with others
  4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    In the recent issue of BP that featured him on the cover, he says that he's using mostly Laklands and maybe a vintage P on his current tour.
  5. this is probably immaterial, but i saw pics in mags where he is playing an SG as well...

6. shreave

Jul 12, 2000
    Seattle. WA USA
    I saw him play with Sabbath at Ozfest last month with a sunburst fender jazz.

The guy is a friggin monster.
  7. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    He is currently using a LAKLAND hollowbody deluxe, 4-94 deluxe, joe osborne, bob Glaub, and a vintage p bass through and SVT II PRO
  8. Turbo

Mar 17, 2004
    I saw him at Ozzfest and thought I may find the answer to my questions, but he used a vintage P and I think a marc hoppus, unless he got another in surf green
  9. Markdezy

Jan 24, 2004
    I hate to say, but I highly doubt the king of metal would be using that pop dude's bass. Either you're mistaking or the greatest player ever just sold out...
  10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    The hoppus bass is rad... I'd buy one because it sounds good to me. And with passive basses, I just crank everything anyways, so its not like the one knob would hold me back...

Geezer uses whatever... Spectors, fenders, carvins, laklands... just whatever feels good to him at the time.
  11. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Of course, he put the Dan Armstrong lucite body bass on the map. To this day it's still called the "Geezer Butler bass". Rumor has it that he still uses one once in a while. On the other hand, the GC in Hollywood has one in their window that's supposedly "his", so who knows. Haven't seen him enough recently so can't say for sure. He's definitely one of my bass playing heros though, so much so that the very first bass I ever owned was a Dan Armstrong lucite body short scale fretless.
  12. I've seen him use a rick on occation.
  13. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    The most RECENT cover of Bass Guitar, shows Geezer & Ian ... from Judas Priest together... Geezer's holding a Lakland Bob Glaub w/ a PJ pup config. Hmm, 2 recent photos, w/ two diff Laklands...
  14. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    He also used Spectors for a while in the late 80's/early 90's... :bassist:
  15. Along with all the basses listed, he also used B.C. Rich and Gibson instruments.
  16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The fact that he uses a bass that was designed for a pop bassist doesnt make him a sell out.

Ever think that he might use one because he likes it?
  17. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

What I was getting at and I guess as you can see from the variety of responses...........it really doesn't matter much when you consider who's "driving the car."