Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What bass does mark king use?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by magoo4stringwiz, May 26, 2002.

1. magoo4stringwiz

magoo4stringwiz

May 21, 2002
    What bass does mark king use?

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Status, Jaydee and Alembic.

3. he also used a Fender Jazz deluxe and GB jazz-style and neck-through basses.

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    He has signature basses by 4 of the makers mentioned-now that must be a record!

5. Well, it's Mark King isnt it, I mean. Who doesnt want him to endorse their product?

sim

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Alembic is the most notorious

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    The Fender signiture Mark King Jazz was discontinued after only less than 50 were made.one of the main reasons(he requested this) was that Mark felt they couldnt hold up to his playing after having takin a few on one of his tours and the bass was coming apart.

8. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    I think he is currently using the brand new Status signature bass. Alembic series2 have been his main axe since 1988(?) and before that it was the Jaydees.
    I wonder if he still uses Eden amps/cabs?

9. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I think that he is using Ashdown amps.

10. You can see some very nice pics of the Alembics and Fenders in the gallery of http://www.level42.com/

Don't forget he used all kinds of Trace Elliot stuff for a very long time. It's logical he moved to Ashdown I guess.

Peace
    Bassmanjr

11. After his Fender Signature Jazzbass experience he had Bernie Goodfellow made him some jazzlike basses. If I am correct they can be seen and heard on Mark King's DVD (Live at Ohne Filter). Amazing how he can get an Alembic slapsound out of a jazzbass!

Werner

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    He's using Ashdown amps and his Ashdown Signature cabs.

13. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    How do you know this? In the Live on the Isle Of Wight 2000 DVD he uses Eden amps/cabs and at the same time he is endorsing Ashdown :). Which one does he use? Back in the Trace Elliot days he was also in a Mesa Boogie ad in Guitar Player mag.

14. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    that was in early 2000,plus he started using Ashdown amps and his sig cabs in late 00 early 01. I've been with ashdown for a while and Im in constant contact with the owner Mark Gooday.and other Ashdown users.for all the guys that were interested in a foot pedal version of Ashdowns Sub-Harmoniser its on its way.
    p.s.
    sometimes when we are in
    certain playing situations
    the amps and cabs
    that we use and
    endorse might not make it
    to the venue,and then
    we have to
    use whats available.

15. supernatural-si

supernatural-si

Jun 13, 2002