what bass does sam rivers use in the my way video?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fishbrain, May 14, 2001.

1. Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
  2. Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    oops, i dont think that link works, but erm go on

http://www.limpbizkit.com then photos, then music videos and theres a pic there

3. I believe it is a Warwick thumb 5, it is a warwick 5 just not certain if it's a thumb or not.

The LEDS are alot extra, I'm not sure if Warwick offers them from the factory but they can be retrofitted into any bass. They are made by a company called Sims. I dunno their addy but someone around here probably will.
  4. Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    thanx dude, any idea how much the bass costs without lights? and how much extra lights are?

in uk £'s if ya can :D
  5. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    i think it iss a streamer stage two with some ibanez monorail bridge and those sims leds.
    some one has posted it somewhere on the board after sending a mail to warwick. try searching, you may find a 100% right description...
  6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

The figure I see quoted most often is roughly $700USD so that's, what, about 480 pounds? But, anything from England is always much higher here than a similar item in the UK.
  7. martin sims

martin sims

Apr 17, 2001
    Sams bass is a warwick streamer stage 1 5 string in Nevada black stain & you're right the bridge is the Ibanez which was a special ad on for Sam from the Warwick factory.
    We had the bass here (in our work shop in the UK) about 6 month ogo to fit the L.E.Ds for Sam.
    I don't know how much the streamer is but I'm sure the price will be on the Warwick web-site.
    As for the L.E.D. prices feel free to give me a personal message & I'll let you know. ( I don't want people to think we are using this forum just to push our company.)
    Kind regards,
    Martin Sims.
    Sims Custom L.E.D.
  8. Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    thanx, ure all great. but what is the warwick site?
  9. martin sims

martin sims

Apr 17, 2001
    Try This.
  10. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    The factory will put anything on your bass all ya gotta do is ask and then have the cash for them to do it.
  11. I think it is Ibanez soundgear 5. i may be wrong though, it is a bad picture and i am not too familiar with warwicks
  12. I saw another pic on the Bizkit site that shows Sam playing a red Warwick SS1 5 string
  13. That bass is most definitely not a Soundgear. Shooting a video with another company's instrument, unless it's a vintage Fender (see Kirk Hammett and his vintage Strats), is a clear violation of pretty much any endorsement agreement. Of course, some companies are too small to risk pissing off a big endorser if he/she violates the agreement--that's a Sadowsky that Flea is playing in the "Californication" video, not a Modulus--but Warwick isn't one of them.
    Anyhow, yeah, that's Sam's black Warwick Streamer Stage I. The best way to tell is to look for the duct tape on the upper horn (well, and the Sims LEDs, too).
  14. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Thats a Fender, AK, not a Sadowsky.

Anybody know if the fretboard is wenge or ebony? It looks to me like Ebony from the cover of BP, but that's pretty unusual for Warwick.
  15. its definatly a warwick in that video.

Sam's basses through the albums....

Three Dolla Bill Yall - Ibanez Soundgear 885
    Significant Other - Ibanez BTB1005
    Chocolate Starfish - Warwick SS1 5 string
  16. Actually if you see any old bizkit performances Sam has what looks to be a spector. Then he went to the SR885, it the end of the rearranged video he uses a GSR205. Then to the BTB at woodstock and now the warwick.
  17. AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    Actually he recorded significant other with Dirk Lance's (form incubus) warwick SS2. I saw him playing a SS2 live on TV I assume he was using it while his custom warwick was being built. I don't know what bass he recorded 3$bill with (I'd like to know, clunk has sweet bass tone), but he played an SR885 on the first family values tour.
  18. I think an ebony board on a fretted Warwick is a $300 upcharge.
  19. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Analog: Angus is right, it is a Fender.. I remember hearing Flea buying a Vintage Fender because he wanted one.. So I think thats a Vintage Fender :)
  20. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Given Rivers lack of tonal variation and simplistic technique, does it really matter at all which bass he uses? Martin's LED's are about the most interesting aspect, IMO.

Just thought I'd shake it up a bit. :D