1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What Bass effect is Squarepusher using here?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by gleventhal, Jan 20, 2012.

1. gleventhal

gleventhal

Nov 30, 2011
  2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Cool stuff. It sounds like one of the modes on my Boss SYB3 except better.

Squarepusher dude is just a great composer all around. Iambic 5 Poetry and Tundra are my favorites. I've been digging Iambic 5 for the last 12+ years. :p

3. Dunno know for sure never can tell with Squarepusher
    cool to see a Music Man Sabre bass in action.

4. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Tom Jenkinson is a monster player.

5. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    That might be hard to ascertain, he is a wiz at programming. He has a reputation for getting sounds/rhythms out of very early electronics that were not intended for that purpose, basically he knew the stuff inside out.

Lots of triggers and custom patches, frequency sweeps, he knows his stuff. Fantastic drummer, ridiculous bassist, classical/electric guitar, otherworldly composer, one of those guys.

I like a lot of his work, especially Feed Me Weird Things and Just A Souvenir, one of my fav tracks of many is Tetra-Sync.

6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I'd have to geuss a POG, a Boss synth cannot track anywhere near that fast, it'd miss tons of those notes..... trust me I've tried.

7. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    Seriously awesome song. I think there was a thread on this quite a while back and the consensus was a fuzz+filter combo but "who knows" is probably the best answer. Freaking rules no matter what it is, but it sure sounds like fuzz/distortion/dirt of some variety and a filter - perhaps VST based?