1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What bass/ guitar stand do you use on stage?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rob_F, Jan 3, 2012.

1. I looked around and wasn't sure where exactly to post this question...... so I started with the one with the most viewing!!..... Feel free to redirect it!!
    For those gigging with two basses, what type of guitar stand are you using on stage? I've looked on-line, read a bunch of reviews and just wanted to get opinions from the TB community on what your experiences have been. I've have a bunch of the inexpensive tubular single stands at home ( which I could just use a couple of those ) but was thinking about picking up something more secure and stable for both of them. My initial thought was one of those floor stand types( 3 guitar "Warwick RockStand" or similar ) but most of the reviews on those seem to be terrible. I've looked at the double tubular style and although some better reviews there, still unsure on the stability factor. Any input on past experiences, successes ( or failures!! ) would be most appreciated!!

2. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    No offense but, I think your overthinking this.

As long as you don't have nitro finsh on a bass body or neck any no name run of the mill $12 - $20 stand will do the job. But, if you want brand names OnStage makes some good stuff and if you just got $30 to burn Hercules has a autolock guitar stand where you just set it down and the "hands" lock around the neck. The strap ones though IMO work easier and more importantly are cheaper.

3. Dr H

Dr H

Aug 30, 2010
    England, UK
    Hercules with the autolock.

+1

Accommodates a range of neck lengths and body configurations

4. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Bottom line is if someone is going to knock it over or it gets knocked over then a $400.00 stand wont help either, I use a middle of the road stand and have no trouble with it, Its as stable as the environment its in..

5. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
  6. I just put the bass back to the hard case. No need to showcase the bass guitars on-stage.

7. I have a Markbass 'Bass Keeper'. Its a velcro strap that attaches to your cabinet (a 4x10 in my case) and then you strap the bass to it. Its a genius invention: less stage clutter, and less stuff to carry to and from a gig.

8. krstko

krstko

Aug 29, 2011
    Cerknica, Slovenia
    old millenium, picked up for 15eur new xD

9. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    hercules with auto lock for me too.

10. Ultimate Genesis GS 100.

11. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
  12. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Funny this came up...I almost bought the Hercules hanging stand at the store today, but I bought the Ultimate instead because it folded up smaller. Tried it at home, and it was catching and not opening up all the way. I had to spread out that plastic thing surrounding the hook so it didn't catch, now it works fine. Little hint if you have a problem with it...

Was using one of those little Fender folding stands because it fit easily in my bag, but I do a lot of switching between upright and electric and I'd always catch the Fender stand on the strap, so I had to get a hanging stand.

13. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I use a Gator fold out. It looks like a short tolex bass case, that folds out and hold three axes, and it's square when folded out.

14. taygunov

taygunov Guest

May 8, 2008
    the bass drum.

15. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    +1

Better to keep it in the case on stage BEFORE the inevitable accident! If you need to get to your spare the world won't end because it takes 30 seconds instead of 10.

16. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    get a welder, and make one... (made this for a friend's BC Rich Warlock)
    Bass005.

17. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
  18. shtik

shtik

Jun 8, 2011
    Leaning on front of cab..

Had a few, but realized that for me each stand lasts one gig - easier to forget even than cables... so why bother?