What bass is this guy using?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Diomedes, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Diomedes

Diomedes

Sep 3, 2005
    If you goto fabchannel.com, there is a concert by a band called the revs (which is really good btw), and the bassist is using what looks to be a P-bass with a J pickup near the bridge but only 2 tone knobs and not 4 like the deluxe's so I'm totally befuddled. Anybody got an idea?

EDIT- I'm pretty sure it's a Fender too.

2. W/o looking, my first thought is that there are ba-ZILLIONS of P & P-style basses, Fender & otherwise. Many have a J pickup added; this is likely the most common mod done to single-pickup P-Basses. So there are many basses that would fit the description other than a deluxe. Bottom line: I'm too lazy to look...
    :rollno:

3. It could be a G&L SB-2. It has a p+j pickup config and only 2 volume knobs, one for each.Hope that helps.

4. shnapper

shnapper

May 1, 2005
    Az
    Hey,

I looked at the site and did my own search using the BIO tab link off the fabchannel and what I found is a rather cool story.

The bass player in the revs name is Rory Gallagher, named after the late Rory Gallagher a rather historic irish musician that passed away in 1995.........

Read this cool interview with his brother Donal Gallagher the manager..............

http://www.the-fuze.com/donal_gallagher.html

I searched for the bass player of the revs using his name and kept getting links to a Rory Gallagher that passed away, so I got confused and went deeper.

Although I didn't find info on the bass you asked about I did find some history that turned out to be a good educational read on a great musician that has influenced many greats that we all know from yesterday and today...

http://www.therevs.com/biography.html

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Looks like a P to me.

[​IMG]

6. Diomedes

Diomedes

Sep 3, 2005
    I'd say it was a G&L but the headstock doesn't match. I guess it's just a modded P-bass

7. I have a Fender called a "P-Bass special" made in 1996, made in Mexico I believe. It has a P+J and only two knobs (albeit stacked). Not sure if that helps.