What bass is this guy using?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Diomedes, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Diomedes

Sep 3, 2005
    If you goto fabchannel.com, there is a concert by a band called the revs (which is really good btw), and the bassist is using what looks to be a P-bass with a J pickup near the bridge but only 2 tone knobs and not 4 like the deluxe's so I'm totally befuddled. Anybody got an idea?

EDIT- I'm pretty sure it's a Fender too.
  2. W/o looking, my first thought is that there are ba-ZILLIONS of P & P-style basses, Fender & otherwise. Many have a J pickup added; this is likely the most common mod done to single-pickup P-Basses. So there are many basses that would fit the description other than a deluxe. Bottom line: I'm too lazy to look...
  3. It could be a G&L SB-2. It has a p+j pickup config and only 2 volume knobs, one for each.Hope that helps.
  4. shnapper

May 1, 2005

I looked at the site and did my own search using the BIO tab link off the fabchannel and what I found is a rather cool story.

The bass player in the revs name is Rory Gallagher, named after the late Rory Gallagher a rather historic irish musician that passed away in 1995.........

Read this cool interview with his brother Donal Gallagher the manager..............

I searched for the bass player of the revs using his name and kept getting links to a Rory Gallagher that passed away, so I got confused and went deeper.

Although I didn't find info on the bass you asked about I did find some history that turned out to be a good educational read on a great musician that has influenced many greats that we all know from yesterday and today...

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
  6. Diomedes

Sep 3, 2005
    I'd say it was a G&L but the headstock doesn't match. I guess it's just a modded P-bass
  7. I have a Fender called a "P-Bass special" made in 1996, made in Mexico I believe. It has a P+J and only two knobs (albeit stacked). Not sure if that helps.