Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan Molina, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Steve Harris is playing it in the Aces High video. It's a blue P bass with an odd shaped body. I need this bass!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Sure its not its sig p bass?

3. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    No, not at all. This one has no pickguard and a body that kinda looks like the Spector REX.

4. Splanky

Splanky

Jun 10, 2002
    Gothenburg Sweden
  5. that has to be one of the ugliest basses ever :scowl:

6. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    It's beautiful to my eyes. Man that screams 80's.

7. no..its screams wannabe 80's

THIS screams 80's :D
    [​IMG]

8. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    ah it's a beautiful bass. I love the butter knife headstock.

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mmm Unicorn = eww

Ive never played a Kubicki , Heath :(

Im sure id love one though because i dig Steinbergers and basses of the sort. (had a Hohner B2Adb headless for a while, loved the detunable bridge, like that on the headstock of the Kubicki.)

10. they're brilliant...i like the honhers too, especially the jacks....but youre missing out :D ..well the neck is basically a stingray just not as thick and you dont have to change your fingering when you detune....BRILLIANT

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What do they sound like, exactly?

12. well thats the sweet thing....2 active modes...3 passive...i can get it sounding close to a musicman, a jazz bass, and it has its own vibe..you can sound like john taylor...sound like many of the early steve vai, joe satch bass tracks, like for the love of god, answers.....i can even get a 90% match to the jaco sound by switching to a passive and rolling it all the way/90% to the bridge pickup..its one of the most versatile preamps ever