what bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jake_tim, Nov 11, 2005.

1. jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
  2. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    That would be a Japanese made Fender P-bass with a Badass II bridge.
  3. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Blur your eyes and it's a Steve Harris signature ( in white of course).
  4. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    It's a Japanese 70's P Bass reissue. The sticker on the pickguard says "Vintage" (as in vintage reissue) and is there to designate that this particular reissue uses US electronics. Most of their reissues come with both Japanese and US electronics. I wish I knew what US pickup they are using in that 70's model that isn't available here though. I would like to get my hands on one.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Correct on all accounts.

I'd like to get one, however, with conversion rates and all, it's slightly cheaper to buy the Badass seperately. It's like a $65 upgrade or something, but it's worth it for the factory notched saddles.

That is just about the bass of my dreams. Just needs ashtrays.
  6. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    GuitarJapan's prices are generally much higher than Ishibashi's. If you give the exact model number and description of the bass to Ishibashi, they will be able to get the same bass for you and you will save a lot of money. If I wanted a bass like that one, I'd just order PB70-70US from Ishibashi and then slap my own BadassII on it and save about $100 or more (or just order that exact model from them and be done with it, still saving about $100).
  7. Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    What is Ishibashi's website name?
  8. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Here's a link to the opening page of their webshop:

I tried to link directly to the page showing their basses, but it didn't work right. Click on my link above and then click on "Go To The Translated Pages", then click on the second tab from the left (if you hold your mouse cursor over it, a pop-up box may appear that says "The page of guitar and base is here"), then click on "Fender Japan" (left side of page under "Domestic brand electricity"), then the next page will give you some pictures of guitars and basses to click on to see those instruments.
    Not very English-user friendly, but not too hard to manage through.

Remember though, that Ishibashi can get just about anything that Fender Japan makes. So if you see a Japanese Fender on another website, Ishibashi will most likely still be able to get it for you, and I know their prices are a lot better than GuitarJapan's.
  9. I will also add, ive never bought anything from them, but everyone seems to be very happy with the speed at which things are sent, and i have emailed them a few questions and get replies very quickly :)
  10. The Eristic

The Eristic Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Cartersville, GA